Backup file NOT Archived File

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jdpatterson74, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdpatterson74

jdpatterson74 Registered Member

I have two database files and I need to FTP them to my host machine as a .bak file. I tried to do this with Acronis True Image program, but I can only get an archived file (.tib).

How can I backup the files with a .bak file extension?

Thanks!!!

2. jdpatterson74

I am using Acronis® True Image Home® version 10.0 (build 4,871). If this program does not offer this file extension backup, how else can I do it.

3. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

TI names its files ".tib".
    If you want it to be named something else, you'll have to rename it yourself. Keep in mind that if you ever want to restore from it, you'll have to rename it back to ".tib". No different than MS Word and ".doc" files.

4. TheWeaz

You might try changing your file associations so that all .bak files open with TI, but I think you’ll still have to rename the newly created image files manually.

5. jdpatterson74

My host server is wants me to upload my (.bak) backup file. It will restore the file not me.

Does it matter that its extension is (.tib) and not (.bak)?

6. TheWeaz

Only True Image can restore from a file created by True Image – and it will only recognize a .tib file as a valid True Image backup file.
    You could use the pre/post command options to rename a newly created .tib file to something else and as already suggested, change your Windows file associations to open .bak files with True Image. Will it work? Beats me o_O , you’ll just have to try.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jdpatterson74,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that, as pointed by TheWeaz, Acronis True Image stores it's archive in it's own .tib format. If your host server needs you to use different extension, it probably expects you to use a different backup software.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.