Backup Error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Osprey100, Apr 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osprey100

Osprey100 Registered Member

Hi, I am brand new to posting to forums, so please be patient.

When I open my Log Viewer after a scheduled backup (daily), three icons are displayed: 1. "Information"; 2. "Warning"; and 3. "Error". I cannot find out how to interpret the information displayed by each of these icons. Can anyone help?
    Thanks,
    Tom

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Usually there is a brief description to the right in the window listing the messages which may or may not help.

Information messages are not errors they are just listing the steps the program is taking.

Warnings may or may not be of any concern. Most times they aren't.

Red error messages are a real problem!

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Osprey100,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Just would like to add to seekforever answer. The right part of the log browsing window features the list of steps contained in the selected log. The three buttons to the right control message filters: the white cross in the red circle filters error messages, the exclamation sign in a yellow triangle filters warnings, and the ā€œiā€ in the blue circle filters information messages. You can select columns (step parameters) to display by right-click the headers line or left-click the Choose Details button. Then check the desired parameters. The description for each event is proveded under "Message" column.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. Osprey100

Thanks to both of you for your help. My real question is: How do I know what the "Error" message means, and what can I do about it? The exact line is as follows: Type: Error Module: 100 Error(Code): 5(0x640005) Date: 04/28/2006
    Time: 2:00 a.m. Message: "Operation has completed with errors".

What is "Module 100"? What does the Code "5(0x640005)" mean? How do I correct the error?

Thanks, Tom

5. Acronis Support

Hello Osprey100,

We are sorry for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3567.

Note that it is recommended that you create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home then please provide us with the following information:

- What operating system do you use?

- When exactly does the problem appear? What exact actions do you try to perform?

- Do you receive any error messages? What exact messages? When exactly do you receive them?

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon. Attach the log file collected to your post using the Advanced reply mode available at the bottom of this page.

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

6. Osprey100

Thanks for your suggestion, but I am running the latest build. Here is the information you requested:

1. WindowXP
    2. I do not receive an error message as such. However, the log indicates that
    there was an error during the backup.
    3. I have tried to attach the log file, but get an "Invalid File" notice. The properties of the file show it to be a "File" type file.
    4. Steps: a.) Acronis is schedule to perform a differential backup at 2:00a.m.
    every morning.
    b.) At 2:00a.m., a backup is run as scheduled.
    c.) Open Acronis.
    d.) Click "Show Log".
    e.) Log Viewer window opens.
    f.) Results are shown as described in my earlier post.
    Hope this helps in getting ananswer to my problem.

7. pavlograd

pavlograd Registered Member

I'm a new user to Acronis, and I got the exact same error code/message tonight after doing my first backup to an Acronis Zone on my hard drive. Everything looked good until the very end when I got this message. I was backing up a new installation (about 5gb) to a 10gb sized zone. But the entire size the partition where the 5gb was installed was about 63gb. I was under the assumption that I only needed to allow enough space for the size that was used (I'm sure this is correct.).

I'm using version 9

8. Acronis Support

Hello Osprey100,

We are sorry for the delay with the response.

I'm afraid that this issue requires a deeper investigation.

Could you please submit a request for technical support containing the following information?

- Does Arconis True Image create differential backups in spite of the errors shown in the log? If yes, then try verifying the resulting backups integrity by means of the embedded Validate Backup Archive tool and inform us about the result;

- Do you create a file-based backups or a disk\partition images?

- Let us know where you save backups to;

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon;

- Are you able to perform the same backup process manually? Are there any errors shown in Acronis True Image log in this case?

Please also create schedreport.txt file in the way described below:

- Download schedmgr.exe application;

- Open the command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd);

- Run the following command in the folder the schedmgr.exe file was saved to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Collect schedreport.txt

As you as you will send us the information requested above we will proceed with the investigation of this issue and try to provide with the most suitable solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

9. Acronis Support

Hello pavlograd,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Yes, your understanding is quite correct. If the file system of a backed up disk\partition is supported and not corrupted then only the actual data is included in the image archive. The free space is not being backed up in this case as well as large and unnecessary paging and hibernation files. Please take a look at this previous thread for further details.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3567.

Note that it is recommended to create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home then please check each partition of your hard drive by Windows utility:

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive.

Note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

Please also download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists after checking the hard drive and updating the drivers then please enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please also provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon;

- Do you receive any error messages? What exact messages? When exactly do you receive them?

- Does Arconis True Image create backups in spite of the errors shown in the log? If yes, then try verifying the resulting backups integrity by means of the embedded Validate Backup Archive tool and inform us about the result;

- Try saving backups to any location other than Acronis Secure Zone and see if the problem persists. Let us know the result;

- Do you create a file-based backups or a disk\partition images?

- Are you able to perform the same backup process when your computer is booted from Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD? Are there any errors shown in Acronis True Image log in this case?

- Describe the way you create an image in detail;

Please submit a request for technical support. Provide all the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

10. Petrosini

Petrosini Registered Member

Hi!

Just to that release: I have had three different versions of TI9 Home running with no significant problems. Now I upgraded to that version and I am experiencing bugs and problems all over. No backup is finished properly, accessing, backup files are corrupted, Startup Recovery Manager messes up the MBR. I was really pleased with TI so far - but the latest release really has something going wrong... I hope the Acronis developers soon find out what has gone wrong and take that version off the server or add a update.
    Is there a posibility to download older releases. Fact is I deleted the last version (which worked fine) and updated to the 3567 release o_O

All threads are being answered, my thread is still "dead" - no feedback at all:'(

Peter

11. seekforever

Your experience IMO is not typical of B3567 at all. Your install more likely has some software conflicts or you have a hardware problem.

Have you changed any hardware that corresponds to when the trouble started?

I would run Memtest86+ (www.memtest.org) for at least several passes, overnight is better.

I would run chkdsk X: /r on all your partitions including where the images will be stored. Substitute X for the drive letter of the partiton being checked.

Run the CD version of B3567. This will eliminate Windows/app problems.

12. gawade1

gawade1 Registered Member

Going back to Osprey100's original question, as a new user I had what seems to be the same problem as you when doing an incremental backup in a Scheduled Task. I had set the task to back up to the original .tib file. I got the same sequence and the same error number. The "error" was that the datafile backup would have erased my original drive image. By changing the backup to my "Backup Location" instead of the .tib file, it worked as expected.

From page 15 of the TI10 Users Guide: "When creating a backup task, be sure to select the backup location from the Backup Locations list, near the top of the directory tree. Doing so will enable the above processing of backups. If you select a backup location as a normal folder, the processing will not be performed."

Hope this helps.

Gary

13. seekforever

He is using TI9 which doesn't have TI Backup Locations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.