Backup Capsule deleted accidentally

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by pugs, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pugs

pugs Registered Member

Hello there, newbie here, so please be gentle okay:)
    I accidentally delete backup capsule from acronis utility, and next time i reboot the server, all partition on that disk (where the backup capsule installed) is missing(detected as removable on w2003:'() i've tried ptdd and also undelete feature from paragon drive backup, but they can't find all my lost partition on the disk...
    I know, i can delete the disk and use recovery software, but i'm not sure i can get my data uncorrupt and also it'll took too much time.. So, any idea better idea to recover my partition table? Thanks in advance.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Pugs,

The undelete feature in Paragon is most useful immediately after the accidental delete; that is, if no new data was written over the previous partition or a full format was not performed.

If the partition tables were removed without formatting, undelete usually does a good job recovering them. Also we don't want to create a new partition table over the previous one before running the undelete scan.

If the location of where the partition was, but now unallocated space, run a thorough undelete scan.

Good luck

Tommy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.