backup and restore on usb drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by baraba, Dec 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baraba

baraba Registered Member

I have USB hard drive for backup, so I can make my system backup from windows but when try to make it from bootable disk the USB drive is not recognized, so I can't do anything, also I assume when I'm in situation to restore system I wont be able to do it 'cause Acronis need to reboot and do it form DOS. My USB drive is NTFS formatted!.
    Is there any so
    Solution?

I found in FAQ
    What devices can be used to restore a system partition if I'm running Acronis True Image 8.0 from a bootable diskette or CD-R(W)?

Acronis True Image 8.0 recognizes all hard disks connected to the PC, along with a wide variety of removable media drives with P-ATA (IDE), S-ATA, SCSI, USB, IEEE1394 (Firewire) and PCMCIA interfaces including: CD-ROM / DVD-ROM and CD-R(W)recorders and burners, magneto-optical drives, Zip and Jaz devices, and many others.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. baraba

baraba Registered Member

Actually it'n not "real" USB drive, it's IDE Drive in external USB case, does it make any difference? This ex.case do not need any drivers for winXP, it recognised like USB disk drive in device management.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.