Backup and Recovery 2012 free unable to see mounted network disks

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by bk2, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bk2

bk2 Registered Member

Have just installed the lastest free edition of 2012 Backup and Recovery.

When I run the program, if refuses to show me the mounted network disks in any of its file or location selection dialogs. It is the only program on the otherwise normal W7 64-bit PC that displays this problem.

So, I am unable to use the program. How can I solve the problem.

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

First off, I will say that the free edtion is for non-commercial use only. Secondly, you cannot backup any network locations, you only have the option backup local destinations on the machine.

3. peterk62

peterk62 Registered Member

I have noticed a similar issue on my XP Home (SP3) machine and my QNAP NAS. When I log in to XP as an Administrator user, I am able to see my network shares by their mounted drive letters. When I log in as a limited user and start B&R 2012 Free using SuRun's "start as administrator", the mounted drives do not appear in the list of drives, but I am able to navigate to the shares by opening the Network locations.

4. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

Just to clarify that is a Microsoft Windows limitation, if you are attempting to backup to a mapped drive. Microsoft drops all mapped locations after a user has logged out. I would recommend using an UNC path to map to your desired backup location.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.