Backup and Recovery 2011 advanced free won't run scheduled backup's

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by poundsmack, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poundsmack

poundsmack Registered Member

So I have a few computers in my house and a NAS storage device (actually, I have a lot of computers, but beside the point). I have gone through the back up wizard and set each computer to run a few hours after each other. I see the job in the windows scheduled task section and made sure "Run only if logged on" is unchecked.

But, it doesn't run. Multiple machines, and none of them work. They are all windows XP SP3 machines and they don't have any special set up's. I have told the test to run using the local administrator account (as part of my trial and error testing I've been doing), but that doesn't seem to help any either.

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

2. poundsmack

poundsmack Registered Member

Update:

So I pointed the backup destination to a windows machine with an NTSF folder, and it worked perfectly. The scheduler kicked on and had no issue writing the files there.

The NAS system is a TerraStation with an XPS file system. I have it added to the workgroup and I can write files to it by going to it's network location and just dragging and dropping them in through explorer. So I know windows and write to it.

3. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Do you use mapped network drive from NAS as destination or use direct UNC address (e.g. \\server\backup\)?

If you use UNC please try to map the backup destination as network drive in Windows Explorer (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308582) and create new scheduled task.

In the backup wizard select the mapped network drive as destination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.