Backup 2013 Ancient Bootloader Error and Cannot See External USB 3 Drive

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Grayer, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grayer

Grayer Registered Member

Hi
    I cannot boot into windows even in safe-mode (Logon Process Initialization Failure after SFC operation and chkdsk), so was relying on Paragon to restore my image of my system drive C (SSD OCZ Solid 2 120GB)on my external 2 TB Hitachi USB 3.0 (mechanical) drive. Paragon cannot load in noraml mode because of error: Ancient bootloader, probing EDD (EDD=off to disable); in safe-mode it does not see my backup drive; I had shared this backup drive on my home network but with my main PC down maybe it cannot see it; it does see all my internal drives. I have tried to add the USB 3 drivers in the advanced CD mode onto the restore media but that did not help. I am not planning to purchase the WinPE media builder. Why do I get the bootloader message and why can I not see my backup drive in Paragon? I guess I could reinstall Windows and then restore my C drive from the backup image afterwards. Would connecting the USB drive directly to the DIR-857 router attached to the main PC make it visible to Paragon? I have not been able to access the USB drive in that way from my 2nd desktop presumably because the unbootable main PC has killed my home network; however I have internet access via the 2nd PC. Please advise.
    Harald

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.