Backing up to DVDs

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by neamer, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neamer

neamer Registered Member

What is the maximum storage capacity of a R-RW DVD these days?:rolleyes:

2. Carver

Carver Registered Member

4.7GB 120 minutes

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello neamer,

If you are talking about True Image (as we should be in this forum ;)) then you can use 4.3 GB as the image manual split size and burn each .tib file as a DVD-ROM (UDF) data compilation. Alternatively, you can set the manual split to 1492 MB and burn up to a maximum of three .tib files per disk as a DVD-ROM (ISO) data compilation.

Regards

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I'm just starting with Ti so I am bound to make mistakes like my DVD recorder only uses DVD- and is limited to x2 and 12 hours to record a DVD, I have a Pioneer. I got it at the start? of the format war. I am going to get a faster drive that will handle DVD+R/RW Dual Layer. I am sorry I didn't come here before I got the DVD burner that I now have.

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I am not sure about TI but a lot of programs don't work well with DVD- disc's. you might want to read some of the posts here in the TI threads and see if there are any issues useing DVD-.

EDIT==I found an answer to my own question since ver. 8 does this I would imagine 9 will also.

6. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I checked that out too, it is in the begining of the manual (pdf, updated June). 12 hour is along time to burn a disk for with DVD-R. So I am going to get a plexwriter PX-716AL

7. Long View

Long View Registered Member

I have a plextor 716A which never gets used for burning - only for scanning.
    Its not that it is a bad drive its just that there are better burners. Suggest you look at BenQ 1655 and save some money.

8. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I was just on the plextor website, to the right of the pic of the PX-716A drive it says "End Of Life". Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.