backing up to dvd

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by compsoldier, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. compsoldier

compsoldier Registered Member

Hey everyone, I just bought ti8. I tried to backup to dvd using roxios drag to disk. I used roxios to format the dvd. Once I got to the screen where it shows the progress of the backup, it never did anything. It will write to cd's and the hard drive. It wouldn't write to a usb plugged external hard drive. Has anyone had this problem?

2. jbuch

jbuch Registered Member

I have had no problem writing backups to an external USB HDD.

If you have the external USB HDD on a USB hub, then you generally cannot write to that HDD, but you can sometimes read from it.

No experience with DVD.

Jim

3. compsoldier

Thanks Jim, I also use Dantz backup and it'll write/read to the external drive. It'll also write/read to dvd also. I thought that was what acronis was suppossed to do, at least that's what they advertise, I thought.

4. compsoldier

Oh yeah Jim, it is not on a hub. It's straight into a usb port.

5. ogre123

ogre123 Registered Member

my uninstalling WinPatrol and uninstalling and re-installing True Image8 & InCD to format did the trick to DVD. Guess Winpatrol blocked start folder or some such

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.