backing up Outlook pst

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by user601, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user601

user601 Registered Member

I have a workstation (w2k pro) used for artwork design where the user also has a large pst file. I was thinking about using 2 removeable hard drives and TI8 to image the machine each day at lunch time.

I thought about using a script to insure Outlook is stopped in case the user should forget but I noticed that there doesn't seem to be any way to launch TI via a script. So my question is does Outlook need to be stopped to insure that the pst will be consistent when the image is made? I guess an option would be to run a shutdown script shortly before the imaging is scheduled.

Also I plan to use the drives in a weekly rotation. I would schedule a full image on Monday and then incremental the next 4 days and then swap the drives at end of day on Friday. Are there any issues with that?

Thanks

2. Yellow-Cab-Driver

Yellow-Cab-Driver Registered Member

I used TI since version 7 with OutlookXP and never had any issues although Outlook was always online and used when imaging and several images had to be restored afterwards -> all went well!
    May be here is someone more technical who could explain why TI can do such things in a consistent way...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.