Backing up one program to Cd

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by artimus, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artimus

artimus Registered Member

I want to backup just one program folder to a CD-R but I just don't see how to do that in Drive image 10. Can someone please help me with that? I have DI 10 on another computer & want to load the program on that machine using Drive image. Is that possible?

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

This forum is for Acronis True Image is this what you have?

3. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

No need to use any imaging program for that. Just burn it to the CD with Nero or similar.

4. artimus

Thanks for the replies..

Yes, Acronis True Image 10 is what I'm using.. I tried Nero but it doesn't grab all the files that the other computer needs to run the program. I thought true image may do that?? How do I tell true image that I want to backup to a CD?

5. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

artimus,

If the program that you want to transfer is of the kind that needs to be installed into Windows then copying the program folder found under Program Files will not make it function on the second computer. You need the program's installation file which has to be run on the second computer to also write the proper entries into the other computer's registry and perhaps other hard to find locations.

No wonder that Nero couldn't grab all the files needeed to make it run. No backup program can, either.

6. artimus

I still don't know how to backup to Cd's but thanks anyway..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.