Backing up laptop fails

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Coup47, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coup47

Coup47 Guest

TrueImage 8 Build 800...no issues creating images of my desktop computers...but my IBM Thinkpad (A31 with a 30 Gig HD). HD is a single partition C: drive, no hidden partitions or IBM recovery stuff, just Win XP SP2 ..I 'just' want to create image via network. In all cases it starts to create image, but instead of truly writing to the drives on any desktop computer, it in fact gets cached to memory on those machines, as soon as it's used up ALL memory on whatever machine I point to, it fails with the "Probably bad media" error and my desktop machine is close to crashing for lack of ANY memory.

My desktops are variously mb with Intel, SiS and Nvidia chipsets running Intel, SiS and nForce IDE drivers under Win XP SP2 or Win2000. I fiddled with EVERYTHING, but in ALL cases (mapped drives, unmapped drives, connect to the Net via wireless connection, wired connection, you name it...) trying to create an image onto ANY of my drives on any other computer on my little home network, it does not actually write to the hard drives, but caches all data to ( and uses up EVERY last bit) of physical memory on whatever desktop machine..then crashes Acronis and leaves the desktop box unusable and needing a reboot...

What is going on ?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.