Backing Up Directly To CD/DVD

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Michael_uk, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_uk

Michael_uk Registered Member

I am using 'Backup and Recovery 11 Home'

I am having problems backing up directly to a CD/DVD. When I select this option, everything seems to go well. The program does create the backup files but does not burn to disk.

During the process the program offers two options:

CD burn emulation
    DVD + burn emulation

The backup are stored in the Paragon program folder as described in the manual and I realise I could burn these manually so to speak. However, I would like to try to find out why, during the backup process, the program is failing to do this.

I'd be grateful for any help with this.

Thanks

2. Michael_uk

Originally I posted:

I mean to say the burn feature simply is not supported in 'Backup and Recovery 11' .. I think.

For this direct-burn feature we have to use the 'Hard Disk Manager 11 Suite'.

This is incorrect and 'Backup and Recovery 11' should burn to CD/DVD but it doeesn't so back to square 1.

If anyone can help I'd be grateful.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  3. Arvy

Arvy Registered Member

I only have HDM 11 Suite myself and can thus only confirm that its direct burn feature does work, for my machine setup anyhow. However, AFAIK, the fileset for that feature inclusion in B&R 11 is the same. Is there a file named "prgiso.dll" in your \Windows\System32\ folder* and, if so, what version is it? Mine is file version 1.0.0.4. Do you see any runtime error at all?

* If 64-bit Windows, it should be in the \Windows\SysWOW64\ folder.

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Yes I believe you should be able to burn direct , but I recall one or two other posters being advised that if the burning feature isn't working on their system - just burn using any other app for that.

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I have no idea how well the Paragon direct burning to DVD works since I've generally abandoned using DVDs for backups.

However when I did use them with Acronis, I and others preferred to create the archive with the appropriate filesize and then burn it to DVD using one's favorite burning program such as Nero or whatever. The idea at the time was that the burnng people tended to have a better grasp on burning than some add-in routine. Take that comment for whatever you think it's worth. Another advantage is that you were able to use the burning program's "verify after burning" feature which ensured the file was burned properly on a good DVD. You could also achieve the verification by using Paragon's Verify feature regardless of how you burned the disk.

6. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I agree. If the option to burn directly to DVD doesn´t work, that´s better. This option should be removed from all image managers, it is obsolete.

7. Michael_uk

Solved - Re: Backing Up Directly To CD/DVD

I've resolved the problem and everything is working beautifully.

I discovered that the DVD drive had an intermittent problem meaning that, at times, it disappeared from the OS.

I stabilised the drive and now it shows in the backup process. The DVD was burned. When I tested the backup on a spare drive everything worked like a charm.

However, just as a precaution I did also create an archive backup as well.

Many thanks everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.