Backing up a TIB file !

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by selkov, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. selkov

selkov Registered Member

I made an image of the boot partition & saved to a second HD.

I know I can use Neor or the like & copy it to a CD.

But How can I make a BOOTABLE cd that includes TI9 Home & DD on as as well as the EXISTING TIB file just like if I burned it to cd to start with?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello selkov,

Assuming you are using Build 3666 of TI 9.0 Home, when imaging direct to removable media such as CDs or DVDs you are given the option to add the Acronis Media Components to the first disk of the created image. This is available by choosing to "Set the options manually" (Screenshot 1), selecting "Media Components" and then ticking the appropriate checkboxes on the "General" and "Advanced" tabs (Screenshot 2 and 3 respectively).

If you don't want to image direct to CD or DVD then create an Acronis bootable rescue CD and burn the first CD or DVD sized .tib file of the image you have on your 2nd hard drive to the rescue CD as per Post #189 in this <previous thread>.

Regards

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2006
  3. selkov

selkov Registered Member

Let me elaborate......

I know how to burn an image direct to disc & include the DD & TI in the bootable recovery disk.

I want to replicate that using an existing TIB backup stored on another drive.
    I am not intending on using outside software (winiso etc) I need to emulate the TI bootable disc as if I were creating a new backup.

4. Menorcaman

Assuming you chose TI's option to manually split an image into CD sized chunks when it was created to the hard drive then the procedure I linked to above should suite your purpose. It doesn't require the use of WinISO or UltraISO - you merely create a normal TI bootable rescue CD and then add the 1st .tib file of the split image to it using Nero as described in Post #189 of the linked thread.

If this isn't your intention then please ignore what I've said.

Regards

5. selkov

selkov Registered Member

That is my intention but could not get it to work.

After burning the Bootable Cd rescue media with TI Neor says the disc is full & I can not add the TIB file....

6. Menorcaman

You don't say what size you had set TI's manual split option to. Therefore I'll take a stab and say that, due to the space taken by the True Image and Disk Director Suite media components, you need to reduce the manual split size of the image accordingly.

If the bootable rescue CD has been created on 700MB media, set TI's manual split size to 600MB (ignore the dropdown picklist and just type 600MB into the space provided) when creating the image to your HD. After that create a new Nero CD-ROM (ISO) data compilation and burn the 1st 600MB .tib file to the bootable rescue CD exactly as detailed in the post referred to above (i.e. select the option to "Continue Multisession disc" and ensure the "Finalize CD" checkbox is ticked on the "Burn" tab). Make sure you drag the .tib file to the Root of the New Compilation window. The remaining .tib files are then burnt onto additional blank CDs as normal, non-multisession, CD-ROM (ISO) data compilations.

Regards

7. selkov

selkov Registered Member

You misunderstand thi issue.
    Nero reports the disc as full - zero free space. the disc is finalized after making the backupmedia////

8. Menorcaman

Selkov, you are clearly doing something different to me. I have just double checked the advice I provided and, yet again, successfully created a bootable CD containing the TI & DDS media components plus a 600MB .tib file.

Sorry, but I'm afraid I can't advise further unless you provide more information on the actual steps you have taken leading to the Nero error message (e.g. image split size, description or screenshots of the various Nero selection screens, etc).

Regards

9. selkov

selkov Registered Member

Thanks for al your help.
    I uninstalled Nero v6 & cleaned the registry.
    Installed nero trial ver 7.
    It worked OK.
    Removed the trial version & reinstalled V6.
    It does work now too.
    So all is good.

10. Menorcaman

Hi selkov,

That's good news. Glad you managed to sort it :).

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.