Backed Up HDD does not boot.

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by edoni, Sep 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edoni

edoni Registered Member

I have made a backup using Paragon Drive Backup ( Copy Hard Disk - Raw HDD Copy ).

All the partitions were copied correctly and the backup ended successfully. However, I am unable to boot from the created backup disk. I am back to using the almost full original disk.

Are there any additional steps needed to get mirror image of my existing HDD ?

My source HDD : 80 GB Hitachi 72K in a Dell Latitude (Win XP Pro)
    My target HDD : 320 GB Hitachi 72K.

Any help would be appreaciated.\

Thanks.

2. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Could you clarify what you are trying to accomplish please? It seems you have succeeded in copying your HDD.

Are you attempting to use the copy to recover from an un-bootable system? If so you need to use the bootable cd/dvd as provided by Paragon. This you need to burn in advance to allow recovery as you can't recover an o/s using that o/s it is attempting to overwrite itself and that doesn't work.

The other item is your dvd drive needs to be set to be the first place the pc looks for a bootable not the standard c drive.

But all this may be mute depending on what you are trying to do.

3. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello edoni,

Can you tell us how far you got when you tried to boot to the new HD?

Boot to the recovery disk and using the full scale launcher, make sure the OS partition is marked active and unhidden.

Back on the main screen, using boot corrector, search for your OS, and update your MBR. Restart and see how that goes. If you get past the splash screen but halt with errors or BSoD, restart and hit F8, and use last known good config.

Good luck,

Tommy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.