Backdoor.Trojan

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by swifty89, Jul 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swifty89

swifty89 Registered Member

My Norton Anti-Virus (2003) keeps giving me a virus alert about a file called C:/Windows/System32/msoj.dll every two seconds. It says it is a Backdoor.Trojan. I followed everything that symnatec told me to do but it is still there. I have Windows XP home edition and any information would be appreciated to get rid of this. I've tried Ad-Aware, Norton 2003, Bazooka, Trojan Hunter, and a squared. Nothing seems to work.

2. sameproblem

sameproblem Guest

Same problem differrent user. Can anybody help?

3. Cardinal 9

Cardinal 9 Registered Member

4. bulldawg

bulldawg Registered Member

i have a freind that has the same problem as the rest but ti is located here C:\Program Files\WebRebates. Can u help him get rid of it? he has deleted the file several times but ti keeps coming back. He is running xp.

5. alanm333

alanm333 Registered Member

Hi

try taking a look at my thread of the same title which I posted recently - the .dll file was of different name to yours, but problem is the same. Expert advice from the forum seems to have cured my problem - so go through the same steps.
    Good luck
    alanm333

6. The_Count

The_Count Registered Member

A few days back my norton detected the same Backdoor.Trojan but it infected the svchost.exe file in Windows....at first it said unable to repair or delete file..after a norton update...it detected the file and deleted it. Everything was fine no more viruses...untill today i switched to Avast and found the win32:trojan-gen in many other folders...should this be of any concern to me. I've run Avast again now it says no viruses found.

7. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi The_Count, and welcome to Wilders.

Where did Avast say the infected file was located?

You can also try an on-line scan as a double-check: Free Services Be sure and disable your anti-virus before you do the on-line scans so it doesn't interfere.

Regards,

snap

8. The_Count

The_Count Registered Member

Avast didnt find the Backdoor.Trojan virus infecting the svchost.exe file (c:\windows\svchost.exe) Norton did. Avast found the win32:trojan-gen infecting in other files but like i said norton did a update and solved the problem without any hassel. Now Avast deleted the trojan-gen viruses too my pc is alright now. But the thing was both my home and office pc were infected by the same virus. Backdoor.trojan.

9. yeah me too..
    i got this backdoor.trojan & i can get it out of my pc.
    i already try many way to kick it from my pc but it's still inside..
    i already kick & delete that virus, but not long it come back again..
    oh what must i do now..
    i use norton antivirus.
    norton only can detect & stop the action but can't kick it from my pc forever..
    so every time it show a box "found virus name : backdoor.trojan"
    this is really bad virus..

10. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

This is a trojan, not a virus.

Removal instructions are here:

http://www.sophos.com/support/disinfection/trojan.html

I would then suggest looking at securing you PC, something like what can be found here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=43117

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.