Back Up

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by speedyc, Jul 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speedyc

speedyc Registered Member

Hi There.
    Could someone help me please.
    I have a 80 G.B External HD,
    I was advised to buy the acronics program to be able to back up my Lap top.
    Dose someone know how to do it?
    how can i just plug in my lap top to the usb, and let it copy my entire hard drive to the external one? is this possible at all?
    what do i need to do?
    how do i do it?
    thanks.
    also, dose acronics have a hot line for help?

2. dld

dld Registered Member

I'm assuming here that your external HD is a USB2 drive. Let's assume also that you are using WinXP HE. I would then format the external drive in NTFS using Administrative Tools\Computer Management\Disk Management, single partition.
    Then go to My Computer, and make sure you can see your external drive and be able to open it.
    Now start Acronis TI, choose to create an image of your C drive, choosing your external drive as the destination of the image. You will be asked to name the backup file. Choose to name it LaptopBackupSetA. It's good to give it a very descriptive name because you will want to create further images in the future, which you could name LaptopBackupSetB. The idea is to rotate images, deleting the old images. The image creation wizard will pretty well guide you through the procedure. That's all there is to it. You should also create a bootable rescue disk which operates in Linux, independent of Windows.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello speedyc,

To add to what dld has said, it's important that you boot from the Acronis bootable rescue CD (or floppies) whilst your external HD is connected and switched on. Check that the external HD (and the TI image thereon) can be selected by using the Check Image Wizard to verify the image. Finding out that your external drive can't be detected after booting from the rescue CD or that the image is corrupt when you need to carry out an actual restore is NOT GOOD!!

Regards

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello speedyc,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

In addition to what dld and Menorcaman said, I can recommend you to read Acronis True Image 8.0 User's Guide in order to get more detailed information on how to use Acronis True Image 8.0.

Acronis True Image 8.0 Users's Guide is available at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/docs/

As for your question concerning the Acronis support line, I can say that unfortunately we do not provide free phone support at the moment, however it probably will be implemented in the future. Moreover, most of the technical problems are much easier to resolve through e-mail, because the process usually includes some instructions how to obtain certain files, create logs, etc. Please feel free to contact our Support Team at support@acronis.com at your earliest convenience.

However, if you wish to resolve your problem via phone anyway, please contact Acronis Sales Team at sales@acronis.com regarding the purchase of phone priority support.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.