Back Up My Documents to External Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bagalot, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bagalot

Bagalot Registered Member

I want to backup My Documents from the PC hard drive to an external hard drive using Acronis True Image Home. But When I follow the steps outlined, it shows that the backup will be saved to the PC hard drive again - instead of to my external drive. How do I get it to save to external drive?

Bagalot

2. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

You should be able to choose the destination of the backup during the steps for setting up a backup task. Is there not an option for you to browse where you want the backup putting? What drive letter is assigned to your external hard drive?

All of my backups are saved to my external hard drive with no problems.

3. Bagalot

That's exactly my problem; no where during the procedure do I see where to choose the destination. The external drive letter assigned is "F".

This is the first backup I attempted of My Documents. I have not tried backing up my entire hard drive as yet.

Bagalot

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

For the record, what version and build of True Image do you have? All versions let you choose where to put the backup. That being said, for the My Documents folder, I would use Windows Explorer to copy them over to the external.

5. Bagalot

I have version 9.0, build 3854.

I would have no problem copying My Documents directly to the external hard drive using Windows Explorer, but I was trying to mmake use of the Acronis program.

Bagalot

6. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.