Back to V.8

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by NoJive, Oct 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoJive

NoJive Registered Member

I cannot get a good backup with v.9 Build 2289 so now I'm back to v8. How do I get a refund?

2. CliffCavin

CliffCavin Registered Member

The easiest way is to do a search on "refund" from their home page. Look in the upper, right corner of the screen for the search box.

I just emailed my refund request this morning. I'm really curious to see if they actually reverse the charge, or if I end up contacting my credit card company and contesting the charges.

One week ago, I filled out the web form for customer service asking for a refund, but all I got was a return email asking for the specifics about the problem. Not even a mention of my refund. All they wanted me to do was beta test their software.

This time, I followed their instructions to the letter, so if there is no satisfaction my plan is to:

1) Contact my credit card company and dispute the charge.
    2) Contact the BBB and lodge a complaint.

I should have known something was wrong when it took over 90 minutes to back up 4 gigs of data. Norton Ghost takes 8 minutes to do the same thing (and I can restore it, which I can not do with Acronis).

Acronis has pretty well done themselves in with this release. Many people will never again trust anything that has to do with Acronis.

3. NoJive

NoJive Registered Member

Thanks for your reply. Ironically, I do find v.9 faster than 8. I guess making backup images with errors makes it go faster.

4. NoJive

NoJive Registered Member

They seem to have removed that term from their search as it no longer shows up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.