Back to the old three running processes question..

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gmo, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmo

gmo Registered Member

Does the newest version allow disabling of these processes, or are they still running ad nauseum, eating up resources?

I ask since I have installed this product twice due to rave reviews from friends, only to find in the first instance that the bootdisk did not support a usb mouse - fixed in the next version I tried, but then found that trueimagemonitor, scheduler and sched2 caused such a major system slowdown as well as almost no net speed that I had to uninstall.

After reading the rather old threads here about creating a .bat file to disable the running processes, especially since everything I do is manual and never automated, I find it worthwhile to bring this topic to life again and ask if the latest version of Trueimage will allow the user some leeway with their system resources...?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gmo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Acronis True Image sevices are launched at system start up and take very little resources. They take about 7Mb RAM (in sum) and do not seem to be the reason of computer performance decrease. Please check that you don't have any viruses that could inect Acronis True Image files. You may look at the resource consumption in Windows Task Manager (please press "Ctrl"+"Shift"+"Esc" to see it).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. savagcl

savagcl Registered Member

Until i see something from Acronis, I dont believe that there is NOT a system
    slowdown - ask them about Snapman.sys (a driver(?) that get attached to
    your harddrive for some reason.

savagcl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.