Back To Business...

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by DolfTraanberg, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

First of all I want to compliment Wayne for his wise decision to discontinue TDS, alltough it must have been a hard one.
    As I have told before in a couple of threads, with Process Guard installed, you don't need any trojan- virusscanner anymore and with a few additions, easy for diamondcs with their knowledge (build with Port Explorer), they can make it an outbound firewall as well (inbound not needed: included with XP and most routers).
    Ok, then sell the whole bunch to Microsoft and Wayne can dedicate the rest of his life to develop free software, in my opinion one of his greatest hobby's :)
    A couple of suggestions:
    • let all those fine extra's of TDS, like the TCP traffic bridge and other TDS utilities be seperate applications.
    • Transform TDS into a SS3 interface, so all those nice gadges, developed in SS3 can stay alive whith many more to come....
    Anyway:

with DiamondCS, Internet can be a safe place to be!

Dolf.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2005
  2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

3. tuatara

tuatara Registered Member

Dolf wrote:

Totally agree, better look at the future and, safe those extra's.

Sept 1 2005:
    The worst thing that i think that can happen is, that an other party

is buying the product, from a marketing point of view,
    and continues the product without any knowledge.

Just like many other products and companies that are assim.. eh
    aquired by the well-know larger top 25 Software vendors.

So better transform the rest in a new DCS prog!

4. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

You only want positive comments? o_O

5. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

:rolleyes: Now it truly IS getting scary .............this really does upset me..............in America we still, more or less, have freedom of speech......:ninja:

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Come on Rainwalker, don't get carried away It was pretty obvious that Pilli was saying if you wanted to keep complaining about TDS do it in the other thread, but don't post that stuff here. The subject of the thread made that request/demand quite appropriate. The mods have every right to enforce keeping threads on topic. As to freedom of speech, nope there isn't freedom of speech to post whatever you want in any thread. The board is run by Paul Wilder and he has established Terms of Service, and the mods are supposed to uphold that. That is what Pilli was doing.

7. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

To Clarify:
    Peter is correct, we already have a very large thread about TDS3's demise, adding negative remarks in this or any other thread about that is simply not on.
    TDS3 is gone but many users still find it a useful tool and basically that is what this thread is about - Not a matter of being just positive but detrimental posts about TDS have no place in this thread. :)

Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.