Bachup question

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by david banner, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. david banner

david banner Registered Member

Backup question

Will Acronis TI back up windows mail?

If a laptop 5 is years old would it be ok to do a backup and then reinstall windows? Or would they be errors in the laptop getting backed up too. It riuns good but slow sometimes, disk is almost full and want to get rid of a lot of stuff

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  2. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

David,

With the caveat that I'm not too familiar with Acronis TI, if you create an image backup of your drive/partition, it will contain everything on that drive/partition (including any errors, corruption, or malware that may be on it)!

If your intent is to do a fresh install of Windows, I would just copy/backup your data, documents, photos, etc. onto an external drive. I believe ATI has an option that allows you to just backup those files/folders, without creating an image of your entire drive/partition.

Re Windows Mail, your message/contacts are typically stored in the hidden folder...
    C:/Users/(Your Name)/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows Mail/Local Folders
    So in order to copy those items you need to instruct Windows to show (unhide) hidden files/folders - here's how to do that.

Hth,
    Cruise

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  3. david banner

david banner Registered Member

Re: Backup question

Thanks. Just noticed the error in thread title. Tried to correct it but I cannot. Could a mod do so? Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.