B&R10 Suite - mount archive grayed out in Vista 64

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Lazerus1, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazerus1

Lazerus1 Registered Member

I can not mount any archives with the full (pay) version of Backup & Recovery 10 Suite.

I have Vista Home Premium 64 bit SP2, and my archive is on an NTFS external USB drive.

The archives are simple NTFS partition archives.

None of the three ways to mount it works. The mount option is not there or is grayed out.

I can explore the archives and restore files and partitions. I just cant mount the archives.

I also tried installing B&R10 Suite on a fresh install of windows. Same result.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Lazerus1,

Most likely because your backups are complex archives which means you backed up multiple partitions, and that archive entry in the "Archives" tab represent multiple partitions. Change "Show All" or "Show Disk" to "Show Partition" and you should now see multiple entries from the same archive, one representing each partition.

Also check if you have the latest version of B&R 10 build 10.0.10.10505 released November 20, 2009.

Else, we'd have to check if Universal Image Mounter (UIM) is present.

3. Lazerus1

Lazerus1 Registered Member

The archives are only single partition archives.

Installer Filename: Paragon-140-PRE_WinInstallSNx64_10.0.10.10505_000.msi
    Paragon Backup & Recovery, version 10, build 9105 (18.11.09) Suite

The problem might be related to UIM.

Where would Universal Image Mounter (UIM) be? I dont see it in device manager (even with hidden devices shown) or services or anywhere in the event logs.

I tried Windows 7 64 bit as well. Same results as Vista 64 bit.
    Except in Windows 7 one of my partitions is missing and listed as unformatted.
    I uninstalled B&R from Windows 7. My partition is fine again.
    (both were clean and fresh installs)

I found a thread about it here:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1575633

So its not working in Windows 7 64 Bit. But in my case, its also not working in Vista 64 bit. (fresh installs on the same computer)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  4. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

I can confirm the exact same problem here. Using Paragon B&R version 10 build 9105 on Windows 7 x64, and created archive added to the archive database can not be mounted, the option is greyed out.

Dunno what´s up with Paragon software really. Backup and restore are said to be fully compatible with x64 systems, but as far as i can see it´s not. I´ve several times been on the brink to buy one of Paragons backup products, but it always comes back to fact that it is not working with x64 systems, although said so. Like in Lazerus1:s case the UIM is nowhere to be seen.

Please please fix this, i would really like to spend some money on one of Paragons backup products. The fact that x64 operating systems gives so many problems make me more than reluctant though.......

5. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi E Buzz,

The 64 bit mounting is a new feature introduced with DB10 series.

It's not working for me either. They are working on it.

It is an additional feature - not necessary.

Individual files can be restored from a Backup image (arc) using the File Transfer Wizard, Volume Explorer, or Restore Wizard ( depending which Edition you have).

E.G.

Dble click the .PBF, then dble click the partition. Rt click and export (copy) anything you want:

BR10-VOL-EXPL-1-2009-12-15_015441.jpg

BR10-VOL-EXPL-2-2009-12-15_015551.jpg

Similarly, under Archive View:

BR10-ARCVIEW-1-2009-12-15_015717.jpg

Or , select File Transfer Wizard, Browse to the arc, dble click it, then the .PBF, then the partition.

Or, select the Restore Wizard - select the image, expand it by clicking the cross, tick the box next to anything you want to restore.

Hope it helps.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  6. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

Thanks for answer SIW2. Yes, i am aware of the alternative methods to access the content of archives, i was only under the impression that this was fixed in this new product. Obviously not.......

7. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Not yet. A new build must be imminent.

8. buckshee

buckshee Registered Member

In also have the same problem that the Mount Archive is greyed out. Why its on the menu structure I don't know because it doesn't work on all the Paragon programs I tried including Backup and Restore 10 suite. I am using Windows 7 - 32 Bit so its nothing to do with 64 bit. It makes me wary of Paragon that they can't get something like this right. I wrote to Tech Support weeks ago about this but got no response

9. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Buckshee,

It could be you have something else installed which uses virtual drives - it may be interfering.

Try going to the UIM folder in the Paragon app. you have installed and rt click and run as admin the uimx86.exe.

See if that does it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.