B&R Suite 10 recovery cd does not recognize partitions

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by guy_e, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guy_e

guy_e Registered Member

When I boot from the B&R Suite 10 recovery cd, and choose for the advanced backup management, I can see all the partitions of the C-drive, but only the first has a letter (C) = system partition of Windows 7 and 199MB big and active; the other 3 partitions (the actual Windows 7 partition NTFS, a recovery partition 19 GB NTFS and a HP-tools partition FAT32) don't have a drive letter and they are all marked 'local disk invalid' and red colored.
    When I want to backup the whole C-disk, I can only select the MBR and the first active partition of 199MB. What am I doing wrong ?

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

It appears Paragon has noticed something wrong with the geometry of the other partitions.

Could be overruns.

If windows Disk Management doesn't notice - then it is likely that is what it is.

You should be able to shrink each of the invalid partitions - slightly - with windows Disk Management. Then extend each partition again. That should write the new ( correct ) partition structure.

Hope it helps.

3. guy_e

guy_e Registered Member

Thanks SIW2,

Your good advice did the job very well. Thanks a lot.

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

You're welcome - I am glad it helped.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.