B&R Paid Disk Wipe

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by flyingpart, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyingpart

flyingpart Registered Member

Purchased B&R 10 SUITE yesterday
    I have been going through the menus in the main program and the newly created recovery CD. I can not find the Disk Wipe feature anywhere. This is probably something simple, but I just can not find where this feature is. I searched the program Help and got zero returns and I searched the KB for disk wipe under B&R Suite and got zero returns. Is Disk Wipe a secrete or what?

Starting to wonder if the purchase was a mistake.

2. flyingpart

I called Paragon support and got through to a person, but had to leave my computer while waiting. The tech person told what I should do to start a disk wipe when I get back to my computer.

When I did get to my computer I did what he said. Now I wonder if paragon tech support knows the diff between WIPE and delete. Just like the help files, the info I was given by the tech person was for delete NOT WIPE.

Once again - is there a disk wipe feature as listed on the products web page and how is it accessedo_O?

3. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

You should find it under Wizards

WIPE-1.jpg

Hope it helps

4. flyingpart

Thanks for the reply, but you are using Disk Manager and I am using Backup & Restore Suite 10.

I can not do what you are showing because I do not have the same menu items that you are showing.

I purchased and downloaded B&R from the link sent to me. I wish it was as easy as you show.

Thanks again for your time.

5. tgell

tgell Registered Member

Hello,
    I read the manual and it seems Disk Wipe is only available at the Delete Partition Command. When you delete a partition it will give an option to zero out the partition. So, I guess if you have multiple partitions, you will have to wipe multiple times. Not sure how you would do this on a bootable partition though unless this option was also available on the Bootable CD version of Paragon.

6. flyingpart

Wa-hoo, you are lucky that you are not here in my office. If you were I'd kiss you on the forehead.
    Finally someone understands my issue.
    Yes I found the option buried down in the delete partition, but as you point out I have to wipe partitions one after the other and not the entire disk at once. That is not an acceptable choice and that is not something that PARAGON should call a "DISK WIPE" feature.

Paragon: I work with disks that have two/more partitions. When I am done doing what I do to an image I have to wipe the entire disk before I restore the saved clean/safe base image. At the end of the day I start the disk wipe and when I came back the next morning I have a clean disk. This method of only being able to do partition wipes one after the other is ludicrous.

Paragon: where is the "DISK WIPE" feature that you state this software package containso_O??

7. flyingpart

OK, story ended
    Paragon support said that a whole Disk Wipe is not part of this package. They apologized for any inconvenience and offered to give me a copy of their Disk Wipe product.

8. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Worked out well for you , I'm glad to see.

9. flyingpart

Yes it did, Paragon support left me with a rather positive impression.

Oh, and thanks again for your time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.