B&R 2011 Free won't install

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Scott_Y, Dec 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott_Y

Scott_Y Registered Member

B&R 2011 Free won't install - SOLVED

When I try to install Backup & Recovery 2011 Free, an empty DOS box appears very briefly then closes. The program does not install. I have downloaded the installation file twice, but both have the same problem. The system is Win XP sp3. Any ideas for how to install successfully?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I have seen the DOS box flash by very quickly and IIRC, I didn't see anything in it. I installed it on XP SP3 with no problem.

Have you tried the usual: install from an admin privleged account or equivalent, make sure no other apps are running, disable your anti-virus program. You could try Windows Safe Mode but I've never had to do that and I'm not sure if that might cause other issues with the install.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  3. Scott_Y

Scott_Y Registered Member

SOLVED! See this thread about a failure to install on Win7
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=314106

The problem is that the B&R 2011 Free installation file downloaded from Download.com has the wrong extension. br_free_advanced.EXE should be changed from EXE to MSI

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.