B&R 14 free - exclude folders from system image

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by rm22, Jun 5, 2015.

1. rm22

rm22 Registered Member

i'd like a system image of OS and Apps only & exclude the 200gigs of user files from the image. Everything is on one partition - is this possible with B&R 14 free? i was told it was on another forum, but am reading through the manual and don't see this functionality - looks like i need to create a separate partition for the user data?

thanks all

2. fireworker

fireworker Registered Member

"change backup settings" checkbox then "copy/backup exclude options"
    Just carefully, don't exclude themselves system folders, such as "Documents"

3. rm22

rm22 Registered Member

great, thanks for the reply - so, just to clarify, i want to exclude 'MyDocuments', 'MyMusic', and 'MyPictures' for one user. Are you saying this would cause a problem?

4. fireworker

fireworker Registered Member

Yes. Some problems will happen.
    (before I write my previous comment, I tried .. and remove the "My Documents". This is not a disaster, but it is.. unusual. Probably easy to re-create them but how? not obviously)
    Necessary to exclude only the contents of these folders. For example, create a subfolder "xbu" within each, move all there, and then exclude this folder.

5. rm22

rm22 Registered Member

ok - thanks a lot for the tip

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.