B&R 10: Disk numbers alternate in win7

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by mrsneabs, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrsneabs

mrsneabs Registered Member

Hi,

I'm having trouble in Paragon backup & recovery 10 professional. Now and then on my win7 64bit the disk numbers alternate after a (re)boot. So if the C disk was disk 0 and D disk was disk 1, then now and they come the other way around, that is C is disk 1 and D is disk 0. This ruins the scheduled backup as in the script it says: select disk 1 for backing up files on the D disk. After such a switch Paragon starts to backup my C (even worse it marks it then as a D disk backup.

Is the a solution for this behaviour (It is known by Microsoft that disk numbers can change after boot)

BR
    /Ben

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

The issue should be fixed in 11 version. Did you try to use Hard Disk Manager 2011 ? Maybe Demo will be enough for tests.

3. mrsneabs

mrsneabs Registered Member

Thanks for answering.
    No I have not tested the Hard Disk manager 2011. Is that to be viewed as the successor of B&R 10 or will there be a B&R 11 ?
    I would like at least to reuse my scripts for cyclic backsup that I used on B&R 10.

BR
    /Ben

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

You can use your scripts in HDM 2011 too.
    B&R 11 will be released in a month or two. So you can wait for new B&R or purchase HDM 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.