Ayghost-Is it a good disk cloning program

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Stevester, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stevester

Stevester Registered Member

How is everyone doing? I was interested in purchasing AyGhost. Can anyone give me advice on this program before i buy it. Is it a good program, or a bad program.

Thanks
    Stevester

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2007
  2. appster

appster Registered Member

It's ok, but imho the Professional edition of HDclone is much better.

3. Durad

Durad Registered Member

I bought Ayghost and I am not happy at all.

To many incompatibility problems..

4. Stevester

So can the Professional edition of HDClone

1). Create image files of a partition

2). Can you create a bootable CD similar to ghost.

Thanks

5. Stevester

Can you be more specfic. What imcompatible problems

Thanks

6. Durad

Durad Registered Member

For example it does not load on HP computers. It pop-up error message that can not read a file from the CD.
    Like it can not read file, file corrupted...

I replaced CD drive and burned image to different media.. still the same problem.

Now I got another ISO from them and will try again.

Also if you have 1 drive with 2 partitions; NTFS that you want to backup and FAT32 to store that image, it can not save an image to the same drive, to different partition.
    It is supposed to be able to do that.

Also I could not save files over network... on the end I found a command that trigger file that does not even exist on the disk. They confirmed this problem and sent me different command but it could not do the job as well.

Problems like this just tells you that they probably did not test their product before releasing..

I have it for 2 months and did not create even single sucessfull image.

I did not try HD clone feature yet.

7. appster

appster Registered Member

1) This thread's title mentions cloning. If you want imaging capability as well as cloning (in the same poduct), I would look elsewhere - like Acronis, Paragon, or StorageCraft (but strictly from a cloning perspective, I believe HDClone Pro is the 'strongest' product).

2) Yes you can. If you click on the HDclone link I provided in my first reply you will find a lot of informative info on their website, including the differences between their various versions and you can even download a free version (which works, but is quite limited compared to the Pro version).

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  8. Stevester

Now I have another question but this time about Acronis True Image Home edition which I just bought. I want to be able to multicast and retrieve images from a network drive?

1) Can the home edition of Acronis image do multicasting? This site here claims home edition of Acronis True Image can multicast - http://disk-imaging-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

2) has anyone had success reimage a computer with Acronis True Image from a network drive.

Thanks
    Stevester

9. Stevester

Also can the HDClone Professional restore an image from a network drive and do you need licenses for each computer that you clone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.