AYGHOST - anybody use this software?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Durad, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durad

Durad Registered Member

Just purchased AYGHOST and run into several problems.

Hard drive have 3 partitions: NTFS-NTFS-FAT32
    Its is using SATA interface.

First partition is Vista installation. From AYGHOST I can see all 3 partitions when selecting SOURCE drive but when I have to select DESTINATION I have CDROM as only option.

Why FAT32 partition is not in destination list?

I sent email to support but I could see many people here familiar with imaging operations so I wanted to share this problem with you guys before I get response from support.

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Are you trying to clone or image your drive?

3. Durad

Durad Registered Member

Image partition.

I did not write correctly.
    When I select source drive on the next step it list all my partitions and ask me to select the one that I want to image.

The problem is that it does not let me to save that partition image to different partition on the same drive.

4. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

:thumbd: :thumbd:
    I never used this (wilbertni is the chap who know it well), but I would think it should be able to image one partition onto another partition as long as the target partition is FAT-formatted and has enough free space. However, potential problem areas could very well be your SATA-interface and/or Vista!

That said, even if you figure out how to do it, it's really a bad idea! Your target should be another physical drive, and preferably an external drive!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.