AX64 restore name poll

Discussion in 'polls' started by Isso, Aug 2, 2013.

?

Best name for AX64 restore

1. DeltaRestore

15 vote(s)
    22.4%
  2. HyperStor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. SnapRecover

6 vote(s)
    9.0%
  4. SnapReturn

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. TimeRestore

31 vote(s)
    46.3%
  6. Incremental Restore

7 vote(s)
    10.4%
  7. Live Turbo Restore

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  8. HyperRecovery

5 vote(s)
    7.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Isso

Isso Developer

Please vote for the best name/term for AX64 online (live) restore method.
    The author of the winner receives a free 4 pack AX64 Time machine license!

Thank you!
    Isso

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  2. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

I voted for DeltaRestore, it has a good ring to it.

Actually, If I could, I would take my vote back...I would vote for TimeRestore instead, it seems to fit better with the whole product.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  3. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I voted for Incremental Restore because that's what it is. My second choice would be Time Restore for the same reason. :)

4. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

How can you ignore the *clouds parting, sun piercing through, echoing choir sound* of Live Turbo Restore?

C'mon... Echoing choir?!

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I voted for incremental restore, because that is what it is.

6. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

Incremental Restore, although technically correct, doesn't communicate well to the non-technical user. Doesn't sound that right to the technical user as well if they are not already well versed in the workings of AXTM. Delta Restore also assumes that the user is familiar with the Greek alphabet or the mathematical term associated with it.

The name should reach a broader audience with words that are easy to understand and associate with. It may sound like dumbing down the solution, but it really is not. It is just dumbing down the wording while keeping the complex details out of view which has really been the goal of AX64 TM. And a well written description can accompany those words to reinforce that they're not just empty buzzwords. Something to explain the process in simple words.

If you want to reach a broad audience, you have to use simple words. Many don't have the time, energy, knowledge or attention span to dig into the meat. Provide the impact up-front then leave trails leading to more knowledge if the user so chooses.

Just my $0.02 plus taxes.

7. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello,

I like TimeRestore for the simple reason that AX64 has always been referred to as a Time Machine. To me TimeRestore just seems to fit...

8. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Once a non techie reads the directions he'll remember Incremental Restore better than one of the catchy titles that don't describe it's function. It's even better than Fire and Ice. :D

9. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.

10. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Voted for TimeRestore.

11. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

TimerRestore as well.

12. clubhouse

clubhouse Registered Member

TimeRestore for me too, be sad to see this simple to use but oh so powerful software bogged down with 'tech' terms and scaring off a broader (non techie) market...Its easy to use, keep it simple and let it sell.

I was put off by imaging software for a long time, I'd look though them all and see 5,8,10, 12 screenshots, I wanted something that involved one or two screens, hit a button job done.....I now have a system image.....That's what AX64 achieves not bewildering to noobs...For the more techi users the details are available.

13. Kit1cat

Kit1cat Registered Member

Another vote for Timerestore

14. ralws277

ralws277 Registered Member

It's a shame you can't modify the poll. I thought the options of SnapRestore and FullRestore were absolutely perfect. They are simple terms, and intuitively easy to understand. SnapRestore because you are restoring a snapshot, and the process is done "in a snap" (very rapidly) and FullRestore is pretty obvious in its' meaning. If "SnapRestore" is copyrighted by someone else, surely Snap Restore and Full Restore should be free to use, as they are simply terms that describe the process -- either restoring a snapshot, or making a full restore (tho "Snap-Restore" and "Full-Restore" would probably be better to mark them as referring to exclusively differing processes).

Delta Restore is great for knowledgeable folks, not so great for grandma to figure out, in my opinion, which leaves Incremental Restore as the next best for me. Incremental Restore is a little "techie", but once explained, is easy enough to understand and remember, and would add a bit of knowledge for anyone who wasn't already familiar with the term, as an added benefit :D Also, I think more people might be likely to already be familiar with what an incremental restore is, as opposed to being familiar with what delta restore implies.

TimeRestore has it's appeal, except that BOTH forms of restoring are "Time Restores", in my mind, since they both restore your system to a previous point in time.

Whatever terms are finally settled on, probably would be good to be sure to define them both, simply and clearly, the first time they are used, and make sure the user understands that they are NOT two different terms for the same thing. Then include them in the huge glossary the program will provide, lol... :D

Just my two cents, here....

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  15. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Voted for TimeRestore. Delta Restore is too obscure for most people.

16. test

test Registered Member

TimeRestore also for me

17. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I voted TimeRestore :thumb:

18. Arcanez

Arcanez Registered Member

AX64 Time Machine

-> Time Restore!

:thumb: :thumb:

19. sdmod

sdmod Shadow Defender Expert

I've voted for TimeRestore although I don't really like online (live) stuff or "cloud" in software and I hope there will be a switch (tickbox) so that this option can be turned off until needed and is not some permanent online monitor of data.
    I like backups etc to be on my hardware and under my control not held on some remote server.

20. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

You lost me.
    Are you really talking of AX64 TM ?
    I didn't know it could be working in the cloud o_O

Btw, TimeRestore as well.

21. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi MarcP

If your talking about non Wilders type folks, just ask your neighbors what they using for imaging/rollback software, and observe the blank stares.

Pete

22. taotoo

taotoo Registered Member

SnapBack

It backs up in a snap. It goes back in a snap. It's snapshot software.

23. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

I voted for DeltaRestore.
    the backups are incremental.
    The restoration does not come with increments, if it did it would be a much slower process.
    --------------------------
    As for the various types of backup terminology here is explained pretty well
    http://www.techsupportalert.com/con...ial-incremental-mean-and-how-will-they-help-m .

Panagiotis

24. guest

guest Guest

Voted for Live Turbo Restore. Sounds more appealing IMO. Any names with the word "snap" will make people think it's a screen grabber program. :D

25. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

You might get sued by MS for anything "Live"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.