AVK English >>

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tahoma, Jan 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tahoma

tahoma Registered Member

dont know if this has been posted before, ive been looking for it for ages and not seen the link on this or any other forum. anyway AVK english trial for those who may be interested: http://www3.gdata.de/users/hotline/aktuell/2ay5xmkhts/avk2004_trial_e.exe

2. Mannaggia

Mannaggia Registered Member

Hi tahoma.

First, thanks for the link. I always wondered if they had a English version trial.

Decided to give it a try. Not bad. The only problem I see is; when I clicked on the "Order" button to check out how much it costs, the site it takes you to is in German. The cost is in Euros. I didn't see any conversion to English and dollars. If you go to the translated page via Google, the price is still in Euros.

Do you have any insight on this?

Regards,
    Mannaggia

3. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

Might try this site:

www.extendia.com

4. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Hi JimIt.

I take it the Extendia AVK Pro has the KAV and Bit Defender engines just like the GDATA version?

Hmmm. Just read a little closer over at Extendia. It says that Extendia Pro contains the antivirus engine that MicroSoft recently purchased. That's RAV. I believe the AVK from GDATA contains BitDefender now along with KAV.

5. Mannaggia

Mannaggia Registered Member

Thanks JimIT.

I just just checked out Extendia and that is a pretty good price for the AVK Pro. I just might have to spend some more money. ;) :)

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have a copy of extendia avk pro with rav and kav it works very well it is actually pretty lite on resources. ;)

7. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

I talked to a guy at Boomerang today, and he mentioned that the inclusion of BitDefender or RAV is "up in the air".

It's a pretty good av for the money!

8. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

and the second year is only $16.95 for renewal

9. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I am using AntiVirusKit 12pro from G-data. It has the RAV en KAV engine. Works fine for me. Only one false so far. It's nice that i can use it with Moz. Thunderbird as well.
    By the way my version is in Dutch.

Some time ago i bought System Mechanic Pro, which has Panda Platinum on board.
    I turned permanent protection off because together with AVK it slows down my machine very much. So I only run PAV once a day during diner. :p

Regards,

Gerard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.