AVK 2006 and firewalls issues

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by nicM, Dec 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicM

nicM nico-nico

I've heard before about compatibility issues between AVK 2006 and some firewalls, when Avk was released few months ago, but the current buildt can still bring "relative" problems: the way its proxy is dealing with the whole http traffic (unless disabled) makes some firewalls going blind:

Fireball Cyberprotection 2 only see Avk's proxy, whatever you connect on internet, and TheGreenBow firewall was only able to see Firefox, among a dozen of apps connected; although I didn't test it while running AVK, I guess the same goes for Sygate.

Kaspersky Anti-hacker should be able to work properly (...beeing the firewall from AVK internet security), and Look'n'stop does (checked), Kerio too.

Of course, the affected function is only app filtering, and not packet filtering.

Now, did someone experience the same FW "blindness" with AVK, running other FWs?? o_O

(No sure to post it in the FW or AV forum, as both parts are discussed somehow: please move it if needed *puppy* )

Cheers,
    nicM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.