AVK 2005 Basic Question and comment

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by hendrix, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hendrix

hendrix Registered Member

I have been using AVK 2005 for a couple of weeks and really like it, having rid myself of NAV 2004. I have it setup to automatically install viruses updates every hour, and there usualy is one- eather for KAV or Bit Defender or both. I have it set to do my scans manualy instead of automatically. My question is, how often do you all think it is prudent to do a scan? I think that the default is once a week, but I have been doing it at least every time I have finished using the computer, (at least once or twice a day). Is that necessary or just a waste of time? [I have Windows XP Serv Pack2 with 512 of ram and Zone Alarm Pro, and am running Trojan Hunter, Spy Sweepr, Spybot, Microsoft Antispyware, and SpywareBlaster]. I use Comcast Cable for internet. Also I use Firefox (except for Windows Updates). By the way, I tried NOD 32 and I agree with those of you who have mentined that they have found that it was to difficult, time consuming, and confusing to set up and understand the scan results. If and when it is as easy to understnd and setup as AVK I will probably try it again, as it sure sounds like it's the best- though I sure like AVK.

-Hendrix

Last edited: Jun 3, 2005
  2. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

It is all a matter of prefference really. With your setup personally I would, I do, scan once a week or whenever you feel something just ins't right. It also depends on your surfing habits, are you a safe surfer, or do you download/visit a multitude of questionable sites? In all actuallity it is what you feel comfortable with.

3. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

I have mine set up to do a scan every 3 days...sooner if I think there`s a problem.

4. chia

chia Registered Member

The first couple of weeks I had AVK installed I did a full scan 5-6 times just to make sure I was clean. Now I do one every 2-3 weeks. I trust the real time protection of AVK (and BOClean) and if I download a risky file I'll scan it again. Another reason I don't scan as often now is I have ALOT of files that take awhile to scan. But that's my choice.

It's just what your comfortable doing. You sound like your pretty much on top of your security with the other apps that you run as well. A scan everyday might be a bit of overkill but there's nothing wrong with it.

5. hendrix

hendrix Registered Member

Thank you Likuidkewl, Chia, and Beetlejuice.

-Hendrix

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.