Avira woes

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ssj100, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vizhip

vizhip Registered Member

I have both Avira and NOD32 running (different systems of course) and found using single core that they are about the same speed... I tend to limit my programs to a single core so I can use the other core for all sorts of junk...

I have tried AVG, but found it to be much slower and didn't find quite as much... and I won't talk about Norton... used it for years...

I also tried Comodo, but got rid of it pretty quickly... I also ran Macafee for a little over a year, but found it was slow as well as not finding everything...

Alas, those are the only anti-virus programs that I have used to date...

Regards -
    -Bob

2. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Not sure what your issue is,but updating is fast on my computer with Avira along with other people that I know who run it as well.

3. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Free

Are you THAT bored in life that 58-seconds is gonna make or break you? Come on for real dude.

4. Stefan Kurtzhals

Stefan Kurtzhals AV Expert

We suspect it is the polling of the Windows security center API that causes the idle problem. No word on a fix yet. :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.