Avira Version 10, when?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

what the heck are you talking about. On this PC I have Avira, "dang it feels like a old girlfriend," and a Netgear 834 V2 running. i have never had a issue with it or any AV for that matter. Even with OpenDNS.

2. dw2108

dw2108 Registered Member

I should have said, "... my Netgear... ."

Dave

3. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

It's my wife's fault. She borrowed my junct & lost it. So now I am dis-juncted. :oops:

4. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Disjunct: as in set A does not has any overlap with set B (at least that is what I was trying to translate from Dutch to English :doubt: ), like while both development teams problably speak German, the conclusion that Avira will also be ready soon is based on nothing

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

went ahead and moved Avira over ot all 3 computers. I had forgotten how smooth it was. Lol, I have to admit, I still dont remember why I ever ditched it. Stupidity maybe? Me? ;)

6. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Twas probably because you found a new AV to play with.

7. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

sorry guys if this OT, but i have to say something....

your posts are sooo annoying!

you say in one thread, "im using X and its definatly the best", then at the very same time, you post in another thread the same thing about another product.

i see countless of these useless posts from you throughout this forum and they aint even in the same sections. :thumbd:

dont you get bored saying the same things?

sorry if this offends you, but do you not see what your doing yourself? do the mods not see this useless tripe? do others not?

its getting really frustrating seeing the boldness of a thread to know there is a new unread post, only to see very very similar messages in countless different sections of the forum.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  8. dcrowe0050

dcrowe0050 Registered Member

Well PC Gamer I use Avast and will defend its quality in any forum, but I am also beta testing Avira and have always thought it to be one of the best. As well as other products that are definitely great. I do not think that saying this is the best means this and only this, I believe it refers to a category of the best products out there. So if it annoys you so much and you have no reason to post in this thread, stay out, I mean why come in here just to post an insult and nothing else.I am sorry if this offends.

Back on topic:: I do not know when the beta period will be over but Beta 2 ends on February 16th and the suite at least, is still got a few bugs.

9. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Its cool PC Gamer. I get your point and yes, I have it coming. Will keep it in mind for the future. Still using Avira.;)

10. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Why are you even here? If you don't like the direction of a thread either try and keep it on track or move on. Don't be a little ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ and complain about it. Geez.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2010
  11. progress

progress Guest

Trjam is the "wilders mascot", I enjoy his posts :)

12. s4u

s4u Registered Member

+1
    He is changing once in a while.
    So what!!?? He is talking about his brainstorms.

Most people her change as well but are too affraid to talk about it

13. bellgamin

You can designate any poster as "ignore" & you will no longer see his or her posts.

I happen to enjoy trjam's posts, and have learned some useful points from more than a few of them. :thumb:

On the other hand, whiners & defamers give me a case of the jaws.

14. Tony

Tony Registered Member

I dont mind trjam`s posts on his ever changing AV`s/suites.
    At least they are always honest, critisism and praise where its due.

Anyway, i hope Avira does not go the way of other products out there and and continually add too many features that are served better by individual applications such as Sandboxie/Defensewall.
    I bought Avira for its antivirus protection, not as a behaviour blocker, sandbox, hips etc.

15. cet

cet Registered Member

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

16. bellgamin

I agree -- Avira should stay lean & mean. However, every antivirus program needs to add extra processes so as to better detect zero-day malware etc. In a sense, a Behavior Blocker is heuristics on steroids. And a sandbox capability is an emulator on steroids.

The challenge is to create a behavior blocker that...
    1- Is highly effective in detecting malware
    &
    2-Does NOT produce a lot of false-positives
    &
    3-Does NOT grossly increase the antivirus program's overall drag on the system
    &
    4-Is relatively easy for users to configure & use
    &
    5-Is EXTREMELY bug-free at time of release

IMO it is the wise AV outfit that resists the deadly trap of rushing to market before meeting all 5 of those challenges.

17. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I have to agree with others. Even I give Trjam a hard time from time to time on his AV jumping but he means well. And frankly can sometimes add alot to the conversation if given the chance. Tr is definitely not one that follows the pack, in his mind it seems all AV's are good and bad all have + and -. It's good to see you trying out Avira. Let us know Trjam if you run into any issues in your time with it. If post like this annoys you there is a simple way to ignore them. But attacking someone for there personal point of view on something is uncalled for.

18. icr

icr Registered Member

I had a bad experience with Avira 10 but I will download the latest build and test it as avast beta is over so I still have avira so I will try avira hope they might have improved:)

19. dcrowe0050

Good luck I am testing the latest build of the Suite now. I installed a Windows Update for IE 8 and rebooted and the AntiVir Guard service will not start any more. The firewall works fine but I can't start the service. Other than that there are a couple of bugs in the GUI but nothing major, anyways good luck. I believe this beta 2 ends on Feb. 16th.

20. Motherroad

Motherroad Registered Member

There will be a new beta next week. A lot of the problems hopefully will be fixed. Same beta2 but a higher build number.

21. korben

korben Registered Member

yes yes yes hell yesssss

impatiently awaiting!

22. icr

icr Registered Member

Yeah actually they were releasing in 2nd week of Jan but certain things needed to be fixed so the delay. hschuette has said new build will be released on monday:)

23. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Does someone use it with Defense+ ? Any issues or system conflicts with Defense ?

24. dcrowe0050

Great news, so why does it keep saying thet the beta expires on the 16th, has this been extended or what?

25. dcrowe0050

is the new build out yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.