Avira Security Suite issues and vista 32bit

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Kielty, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kielty

Kielty Registered Member

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

It appears Leo 2005 asked you to post your hijack log and there are no Avira processes showing. As he asked, did you terminate them? You might want to respond to him as if anyone can help you, its Leo.;)

3. Kielty

Kielty Registered Member

I did everything he asked and no i didn't terminate any processes. avgnt.exe was still showing in task manager. It appears hijackthis doesn't list the processes...

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

My advice, uninstall and download ccleaner and run the registry cleaner. Reinstall and let me know. Also when you get ready to install right click on the install folder and run as Admin. Once installed uncheck the read me icon and then reboot.

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

also disable Acronis true image.

6. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Disable TI to get Avira to run right? Why? No one who has TI is going to disable it for their AV.

I'm almost afraid to enable the Guard. I think I haven't had problems with the update because I don't use the Guard or the rootkit scanner. I have an nVidia board...northbridge and southbridge. It is not clear to me if the problems with nVidia are just on Vista. I was thinking of trying the Suite but after I read the thread at Avira and the advice regarding the Suite and nVidia mobo users...I am beginning to agree with some here who think Avira is in its infancy.

7. Leo2005

Leo2005 Registered Member

well i'm sorry i'm still waiting on a response from avira about this problem.
    if you get to solve problem here, could you just please inform us. cause we have same problem with 3 other users and cannot get it to run.
    just for testing could you please try to boot in safe mof with network drivers an check if you can run an update there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.