Avira Scanning Issue

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Pablo87, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pablo87

Pablo87 Registered Member

Hi All
    im running avira premium securiy suite
    sins a while the full scan freeze my pc
    the scan stops by a file i dont know which file
    is this a known issue or is there a problem with my pc?

Thnx in advance!

2. stackz

stackz Registered Member

Try running Process Monitor to identify which file it is getting stuck on.

3. Pablo87

it stuck on the MSOCach
    still dont now witch files can't see that

4. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

Hi;

I also use Avira Premium and have experienced it freezing. If it freezes on the same file you can try to exclude it to try and check if it is the file itself that is the culprit. Or, try to scan the system in safe mode and see if it freezes there and continue to do a full system scan in normal mode.

On my experience it froze on random files and the remedy that did it for me was uninstalling/re-installing it. Also use the Avira Registry cleaner to remove all traces of the progam to allow fresh install.

You can also check-out the Avira forums for instances/tips there. There are quite a number of posts there enumerating what to try/do.

Good luck!

5. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

MSOCache (hidden directory) in the main drive where OS is installed (e.g. C:\MSOCache) in a back-up of the installers needed for Microsoft Office . This folder can be deleted if you keep your Office CD handy. I delete it myself just after MS Office gets installed.

6. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I can only say something about Avira Premium (don't know anything about the suite), and when I was using it with the main guard and web guard depending on the settings sometimes it would get stuck after the rootkit and boot scan.

By setting everything to default the scanner would run without any problems. I also noticed that opening the main GUI, clicking the tab 'Local Protection/scanner' and changing the profile, would eventually solve the problem. I'm using Avira on demand nowadays, and the problem disappeared.

7. Stefan Kurtzhals

Stefan Kurtzhals AV Expert

Pablo87, please check your private messages. I am very much interested in reproducing the freeze and get it fixed!

8. Pablo87

PM back stefan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.