Avira producing Superantispyware FPs

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by jaydub, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaydub

jaydub Registered Member

I performed my weekly Antivir scan of my PC last night and had 5 detections for Susperantispyware, which funnily enough were all reported as having traces of Superantspyware.

These have all been reported back to Avira Labs and determined to be False Positives.

Time will tell how quickly they are removed from their database.

Much as I like Anitvir, I am getting increasingly frustrated by the succession of false positives it seems to be producing at the moment.

2. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

Don't feel too bad because my beloved Kaspersky flagged an InCD install as a virus yesterday as well. Gave me a jolt when I heard that pig squeal. :D .

Later.

3. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  4. Drew99GT

Drew99GT Registered Member

Pheewwwwwwwww.......................glad I'm not the only one! Got the SAS false positives and also unvise32qt.exe false positive. Antivir has been going NUTS on my machine lately and none fo these false positives are the usual heuristic fps I get. Oh well, it's FREE and now that I've gotten used to detections with it, I can usually determine a real detection from a fp.

I bet some folks have screwed their machines over though by trying to delete or clean safe files!

I do always scan with virus total and jotti and then send them in to Avira.

I don't mind it; it's a relatively new product and the fact that you can make contact with the fine folks at Avira with such ease, even with the free version, makes me feel good about the product. GREAT customer support.

5. Drew99GT

Drew99GT Registered Member

Cool, they're fixed with the latest update.

6. Sportscubs1272

Sportscubs1272 Registered Member

Trend Micro Internet Security had a fp with the Superantispyware installer. They said it was a generic trojan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.