Avira Premium Security Suite Upgrade - Yes/No?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PhoenixWeb, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhoenixWeb

PhoenixWeb Registered Member

I am using AntiVir Personal Premium plus Comodo firewall. I have just received a promotional email from Avira offering an upgrade to the Avira Premium Security Suite.

They will take the price I paid for the Personal Premium off the price of the Security Suite, so I end up getting the Security Suite for £16 (24 euro).

Is the only difference between the Personal Premium and the Security Suite, the addition of the firewall, or are there other improvements too?

I really like Avira software, and I am tempted, but will I be better off sticking with my current set up?

2. kane

kane Registered Member

In my oppinion i would just stick with Comodo. I like Avira also but this is just me.. Im all for Freeware. And im not sure but i could almost be positive that the firewall that would come with Avira would have no outbound filtering and would be restricted to only inbound filtering.. so my guess would be that avira firewall much like most of the other firewall+antivirus suits would be pretty much the same the Standard firewall that comes with microsoft xpsp2. Anybody correct me if im wrong.

3. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

The firewall has both inbound and outbound control.

The only difference between the premium version and the suite basically comes down to the firewall.
    Just like any other suite, it's an all in one package.

4. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Personally i would stick with comodo if it suits you. It offers more security than aviras firewall.

5. Banshee

Banshee Registered Member

Hi,

>I really like Avira software, and I am tempted, but will I be better off sticking >with my current set up?[/QUOTE]

Yes, definitely. Stick with your current setup and if you want it even lighter throw out comodo and install jetico1.

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

No it isnt worth it as is. Once antispam and rootkit detection are added, it will be worht every penny of it.

7. PhoenixWeb

PhoenixWeb Registered Member

Are they adding antispam and rootkit detection anytime soon?

I head somewhere that Avira will also be toughening it up a bit, to make it more difficult to be terminated. Maybe when these extras come online, I'll upgrade.

Cheers everyone else for the advice! I'll stick with what I have got for now...

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

rootkit detection is in its 2nd and final beta, I assume. antispam is just getting ready for its 2nd beta. who knows, I am really impressed though with my avatars ability.:cool:

9. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

I use avira with Comodo and I have not the idea that I should switch it for the Security suite of Avira at all :)

10. Banshee

Banshee Registered Member

You can live without avira's firewall.I personally find it useless. I mean you have jetico and other good free firewalls why pay for avira's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.