Avira Premium Security False-Positive on spywareblaster.exe

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Karl69, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karl69

Karl69 Registered Member

I has this alert form Avira.

Version of SpywareBlaster.exe : 4.1

Vista Home Premium 32bits
    Avira Premium Security Suite

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

This is a false-positive detection on the part of Avira - the file is legitimate and clean.

I've attempted to contact Avira myself to get this resolved, but things often move faster if their customers also contact them. So if anyone using Avira encounters this, please contact Avira support and report the false-positive detection of SpywareBlaster. With luck, it'll be resolved shortly.

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

3. sly stone

sly stone Registered Member

Did you try and make the folder a exception? I have Avira and it's a concern, however I go to their forum and it would not surprise me if it's limited. I've seen people have false positives on software that no one else has. I have a spyware that comes up as a rogue, malware on spyware, malware and antivirus, I never had a problem with it on my antivir software until about two to three weeks ago and then It would pop up if I tried to run a repair on the program and I just had my computer fixed and when I reinstalled this program antivir won't let me run a scan, so it must be the updates. By the way you can upload the file to antivir, just go to the forum and they will give you a link. I'm here to ask questions about Spyware Blaster so I'm a little bummed to see your post. Good luck :D

4. gismo999

gismo999 Registered Member

Thanks for this post...I just got this FP a few minutes ago!

5. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

I have the same problem while using Avira Security Suite...

6. munckman

munckman Registered Member

An Avira update on 7/26/2008 fixes this FP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.