Avira Mistake

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by n8chavez, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Since I obviously am being judged here, I thought it appropriate to mention that I notified Avira support over my order. I have yet to hear back from them. Yet I do not think that I did anything wrong. It was their mistake after all. I paid them what they charged me. I would have bought a licence regardless. Perhaps I shouldn't have said anything and let the problem continue.

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

hey my friend, you did nothing wrong. It is really the vendors responsibility to ensure this stuff is right. I know for a fact you arent alone, the rest are just "real quite" right now. No, you are legit.:)

3. n8chavez

You know, things are quite funny. Every time a need security need arises in my family there always seem to be an offered solution. When my dad needed an new AV licence, I was given on for beta testing a new version (for a company that I will not name), and then when my mother can no longer use the University's edition, because I am no longer a student, this happens.

If I were asked to pay more I would have. But I was not. The problem was on their end.

4. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

My post was not directed at anyone in particular, but instead to bring to fore the recognition of what is ethical. I don't pay any attention to what anyone else does, but it is always worth taking stock, and most/all of us like to get a bargain. No offense intended.

Regards,
    Jerry

5. n8chavez

Trust me, I wasn't offended. Being disabled toughens you up. Besides, it would have been different if I bought the licence because there was a mistake. I intended to buy one anyway. But admittedly, this did make it easier.

6. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I don't think I remember seeing a good sale for AntiVir. I am using a 6 months trial of AntiVir Premium, and like it. If I found a good sale I might buy it.

However, I still have high hopes that KAV/KIS 7 will run well for me, and when the AntiVir license expires in October, I will try Kaspersky again. I still have slightly over a year on a two year license for KAV, and of course the greatly desireable Systweak 3 year license for KIS.:D

If Kaspersky 7 does not run well on my desktop I will probably go with AntiVir Premium as it has run so well for me.

Best,
    Jerry

7. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I too am using that six month trial. I haven't seen a good sale either. I don't understand why the only real break you get if you buy two years instead of one is the required "donation" to the Auerbach Foundation is not required for the second year. How is a required "donation" a donation in the first place? I resent that whole bit. They should drop it and just charge an all inclusive fee and not even mention the Auerbach Foundation and a "donation" that is not a donation at all. I like Avira a lot but what I wish is that there was a decent AV made in the USA as I prefer to deal with Americans as then there is less likelihood of cultural misunderstandings such as the problems on the store pages and a required donation that can't be a donation if it is required but maybe it can for Germans. Norton 2008 looks impressive and I never thought I'd look at Norton again.

8. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Hi Mele,
    Norton 2007 seems to have a good reputation here. I am hesitant to use Norton, and as long as several of the top ones will work for me I won't go there. However, I think it would do OK, and since it comes on a lot of new machines, and folks do not seem to have problems. That is more than I can say for some other top rated ones.

Best,
    Jerry

9. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Well I have Avira Premium Security Suite for 5 years cause I'm Greedy :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.