Avira! Is This Anyway To Treat A Loyal Customer?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Securon, Jan 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Securon, I am taking this on what I see. It appears you have a 3 user Avira license for the suite. The regular price would be $89.99 for one year, OUCH.

I bet you are getting a discount, "if you want to call it that", and that is where the $77.99 is coming from.

Still to high of a price for this product.

2. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning ! As you can see I have adequate back up with Eset..Avira..G-Data...Norton. I have contacted their Sales Dept'mt concerning my situation. But the point being as a major security vendor their Custmr Support/Sales deptmt should have a Custmrs profile and already know of the Price Point the Custmr purchased at,and at renewal time offer the Custmr a similar or more competitive pricing based on the Custmrs Loyalty. And as earlier noted it's just not Avira at fault but seems to be an industry wide problem. Sincerely...Securon

3. Securon

Good Morning ! If you go to Avira's website they have as mentioned 1 P.C. 1 yr priced at $51.99...then if you click on the box if reveals the 1 P.C. 2 yr pricing at $77.99...Ouch...some CUSTMR LOYALTY...Avira excels at ASSUMPTIVE SALES...Technique. This just plain...Sucks ! Sincerely...Securon

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I get 1 PC for 2 years here showing $89.99, so you are being offered 2 years for $77.99 which in reality is not that bad since the regular no discount price would be around $120.00'

I think maybe you are expecting a little to much as this seems to be in line with most and you are right, a systemwide issue.

5. simisg

simisg Registered Member

go to mse microsoft security essentials

6. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

If you are going to spend money I think it is better invested in a different layer of your layered security strategy (for example, you could purchase a lifetime license for both sandboxie and mbam or some other combo, example keyscrambler pro and sandboxie paid) for what avira is asking for one year). Just team those up with your other av license, or even some free av...and you are good to go.

7. boelectronic

boelectronic Registered Member

Upgrade For Internet Security 2012 3-PC 1-Year Cost $52.70 (US Dollar)
    Please login to license overview panel https://license.avira.com/ and follow "renew" and before you check-out see how much it want to charge you, if its more than $53 contact support via https://www.avira.com/en/support-phonesupport-for-consumer, I guess you have received a promotional email that confused you.

8. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I recently bought a boxed copy of Avira IS 2012 with the option of 2 years or 2 PC for one year off ebay for $15.50. I am not using it, but wanted in just in case I leave Norton, which I am not planning to do.

Jerry

9. Atul88

Atul88 Registered Member

To Avira@Too much Ego will kill your Talent or Product!!!:D

10. Securon

Good Morning ! Here's the response I received from Avira Custmr Serv. Just chock full of personality and attitude. Dear Viele Gruesse: I'm asking for the same pricing on my renewal that I received in the Cnet promotion $42.84 1yr./3p.c. Are you saying Avira can't comply with a Loyal Customers request and what does a third party billing vendor have to do with looking after Avira's Customer ? Sincerely...Ron Dugal
    > Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 09:42:09 +0100
    > From: opencall@avira.com
    > To: careron@sympatico.ca
    > Subject: (Call #482266) Avira Website Inquiry
    >
    >
    >
    > For the english version please scroll down.
    >
    >
    >
    > Sehr geehrte Kundin, sehr geehrter Kunde,
    >
    >
    > vielen Dank fuer Ihre Email.
    >
    > Wir haben diese an unseren zustaendigen Partner, die Firma Cleverbridge, weitergeleitet. Sollten Sie noch Rueckfragen haben, wenden Sie sich bitte direkt an unseren Partner.
    > Sie erreichen die Cleverbridge AG unter der Telefonnummer 0221-2224545 oder per Email: cs@cleverbridge.com
    >
    > Vielen Dank!
    >
    >
    > Viele Gruesse,
    > Ihr Avira Customer Service
    >
    > ---
    >
    > Dear Sir or Madam,
    >
    >
    > Thank you for your recent inquiry.
    >
    > We have forwarded your email to our partner Cleverbridge.
    > If you have further questions, don't hesitate to contact Cleverbridge directly:
    >
    > phone: +49 221 2224545
    > email: cs@cleverbridge.com
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > Your Avira Customer Service
    >
    > --
    >
    > ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    > ALLGEMEINE GESCHAEFTSBEDINGUNGEN
    > Es gelten unsere Allgemeinen Geschaeftsbedingungen (AGB).
    > Sie finden sie in der jeweils gueltigen Fassung unter:
    > http://www.avira.de/agb
    > ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    > Hinweis: Ihre Email bleibt in unserem System unter dem
    > in der Betreff-Zeile genannten Call vier Wochen gespeichert.
    > Bitte lassen Sie den Betreff unveraendert, falls Sie uns in
    > dieser Zeit wegen weiterer Fragen zu diesem Call erneut
    > kontaktieren moechten. Nutzen Sie einfach nur die Reply-Funktion
    > Ihres Email-Programms. Vielen Dank!
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
    > Our general terms and conditions (GBT) are valid.
    > You find the valid version of our GBTs beneath:
    > http://www.avira.de/en/company/general_terms_of_business.html
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > Indication: Your email will be saved in our system for four weeks under
    > the call stated in the subject heading. Please do not change
    > the subject heading, in case you should contact us again during
    > this period of time for further questions related to this call. Simply
    > use the reply function of your email program. Thank you!
    > -----

11. boelectronic

Your payments either for purchasing new license or renew will be done via cleverbridge.com.
    You better wait for a reply from them.

12. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Let me understand, you buy a package from a promotional campaign, and you expect the the follow up renewal to have the same discount?! If you can't understand their logic just pick one of your many other choices and call it a day with Avira.

13. Securon

Good Morning ! I think your missing the Point. Why should I have to deal with a third party billing vendor such as Cleverbridge ? I should have been offered a competitive renewal price to begin with...then I will be a Satisfied Customer. This reply is nothing more than a standard canned E-Mail response. The customer should have someone at Avira Sales responding and providing a Win Win Solution. For example when I used to deal with Sunbelt...Vipre...I could deal with Alex Eckleberry the CEO of Sunbelt Direct. Now that's what I Call Customer Service. Cmon Avira...Get In The Game...Look after your Loyal Customers. Sincerely...Securon

14. trjam

trjam Registered Member

honestly, I think you are being totally ridiculous. I think Avira has done their part in offering a iscount to renew and now you can either, follow the yellow brick road, or I-40.

15. boelectronic

If you want to ask your question directly from a person rather than receive email, in my link choose "Phone Support". https://www.avira.com/en/support-phonesupport-for-consumer.

I've never heard of a company that after a promo renew their product in same price of promo again.

16. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Why do you expect to get a competitive renewal price when it is common practice to offer a discount once (the very definition of sale/discount being one off)? Honestly if I were you, and I felt some kind of wrong doing was done I'd change straight away. Any customer relation is really impersonal when a company has hundreds of thousands of customers.

17. fax

fax Registered Member

:thumb: :D

18. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

There is a boxed copy of Avira IS on ebay for less than $17 including shipping. If you use PayPal you are safe.
    Personally, I have had good results from ebay as long as I bought boxed copies from a vendor with high ratings.

In general I would not pay the retail price for any AV.

Jerry

19. gery

gery Registered Member

:thumb:
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

20. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

My own thinking is that life is too short to fool with such things much. Accordingly, I would just ditch Avira and go to something else.
    There have been offers for various AVs that after rebates cost next to nothing or in some cases 0. Why stew about Avira when other excellent AVs are available so cheap?

Jerry

21. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Removed Off Topic Post. The subject is Avira and Avira only; let's focus on that. Thanks!

22. Atul88

Atul88 Registered Member

Just checked on ebay
    Moderators, correct me if i am doing something wrong.:D
    Not-so-Sincere
    Atul.;) ;)

Attached Files:

23. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

I've got my free 18-month license through Facebook, time added to my current subscription. When it expires, I'll ask Avira to beat that offer :rolleyes:

24. Securon

Good Afternoon ! Thanks for the No Pun Intended...Timely response...Macstorm...I'll check it out. Sincerely...Securon

25. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Good evening Securon, sorry I couldn't resist :D

I personally never trusted those "marketed" emails from whatever AV vendor. Even with Avira, I have always dug online for the best offers. Of course, for myself as a long time user of this AV, I wouldn't recommend you to move on.

At this moment I couldn't find a better deal than the one on their website: $32.99 1year-1pc, $48.99 1year-3pc, with other options available too.

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.