Avira! Is This Anyway To Treat A Loyal Customer?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Securon, Jan 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning ! My subscription for Avira I.S.2012 expires in 28 days. Unfortunately I received a e-mail informing me that the renewal price is a Super Affordable $77.99 for 1yr. Anyone can purchase the product for $51.99 from Avira's website. I purchased the product back in Feb.2011 for $42.84 1 yr/3p.c. from CNET in promotion of a special offer. My point is if Avira is truly in touch with their customer why wouldn't I as a returning loyal customer be offered the same competitive pricing. Otherwise this offer is an insult and a complete joke. Hopefully a winning solution can be arrived at...or I'll take my business elsewhere. Signed...A Not So Happy Camper...Securon

2. STV0726

STV0726 Registered Member

Sorry to hear that, mate.

Take your business elsewhere. They make a good free AV but they aren't worth the money for that price imo.

3. fax

fax Registered Member

Normal practice by security companies, nothing new or only Avira related policy. Just buy a new license instead of renewing.

4. gery

gery Registered Member

i had the same problem a few days ago when i was asked to upgrade from AV premium to IS for a price i did not think was correct. ( 24 euros) for an upgrade? cmon. I gave up on renewing.
    I upgraded from ZA Antivirus + firewall to ZA Extreme for only 10 bucks plus added the remaining time to my 365 days of ZAESS . Good job. Plus their support is great . Chat guys are really helpful :thumb: :thumb: unfortunately nothing like that with AVIRA:thumbd: :thumbd:

5. Securon

Good Morning ! Fax...it's unfortunate...but true...so it's business as usual. I'm pretty persistent...and will continue to lobby for better customer treatment and care. In these tough economic times...it's hard too fathom their mentality. Sincerely...Securon

6. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Typical short-sided attitude of Corporations. Cable companies are like that also- great deals for new customers, but not for current customers. Wireless Phone providers are the same way- new customers can get a phone for cheap, whereas loyal customers pay full retail.

If you are aggravated by this (and you should be), don't renew. maybe decrease in Sales will wise them up (probably not, though).

7. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I have a Avira 2012 Licence I renewed last October for 3 years which I just might not renew because other AVs have better detection and more features for the same money. In you case Securon I would look somewhere else for a AV, a free AV to protect your computer while you look for a more fuller featured AV of you choice.

8. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

one reason i never bought avira i always thought it to be overpriced imo even at regular pricing and they almost never run any deals where as i got eset for 23$ 3pc 1 year and norton is practically free along with kaspersky etc if you look around a bit. i never renew just buy a new lic or box for me its always cheaper that way

9. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

Unfortunately Avira are not alone in failing to reward a customer's loyalty by offering a progressive (i.e. more longstanding=more discount) discount policy,
    and instead rely on the convenience factor, that many will just choose to auto-renew with them. I see it as greed, and taking advantage, but ultimately not really fair.
    Best option, search for best price on new license, or change to a different AV software.

10. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Shop around or wait for a free promo as they pop up all the time. I've not purchased an av in years and have always used the premium versions.

11. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

You think that's bad, on AVG UK they were charging £119 for a 3 user licence of AVG IS 2012 the other day when i was trying to renew. I talked to the guy in chat "Because there is no email" He kept linking me over and over to renew and would not accept what i was saying and when i would not he says he will look into it but i should buy now. He literally wanted nothing more then my money and the commission he probably makes :p

The £119 is probably still up if you guys wanna take a look :shifty:

*Edit*

Yep, its still up. I would post a screenshot but Wilders wont allow direct links. Its on this page -> ( https://ashop.avg.com/gb-en/cart )

Product Delivery Quantity Price
    AVG Internet Security 2012
    1 computer, 1 year Download £40.00 inc. VAT Remove

Total amount: £40.00 inc. VAT

(3 users is £119, check for yourself.) I am actually quite mad that they did not help and actually seemed to pester me about a sale, if anyone has AVG's email then let me know as i want to ask what the hell does a guy gotta do to get a admin over there.... I literally talked to a guy in chat for 45 minutes of my time and he just did not get it! XD

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  12. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Actually Avira does run deals from time to time. I picked up a licence in mid December on a 33% off deal from Avira.com. It cost me $19.08 CDN. I will wait to see what the suggested renewal price is though.

13. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I added the Avira Facebook page and got an 18 month license of their security suite for free. Have not used it yet and not sure I will either.

14. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

With free AV pulling such good results lately I really don't see why people would still pay.

15. Securon

Good Evening ! An interesting cross section of opinions. I'll continue to use either Eset 5.0 which I obtained on Black Friday for two years for one offer,or Avast I.S. which provided Wilders members with a fifty per-cent off offer. And I just purchased a license for G-Data 2012...which will soon be G-Data 2013...available in April...for $34.95. So in summary Avira has lost a customer,unless someone gets back to me within 28 days...I've sent an e-mail to their sales dept...stay tuned ! Sincerely...Securon

16. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

I'd just move on if i were you, OP.
    about 2-3 years ago, when the new avira 8 (or maybe 9?) came out, i was the first to report to them that the installation of avira caused windows CHKDSK to run very frequently upon booting. I tested on several machines and made sure the chkdsk was not because of other factors, then I emailed avira about this problem. Unfortunately they denied any possibility that the chkdsk was caused by their product, without presenting any evidence. But rather, they just emailed me back in 2 days and told me that my computers are broken, hence the chkdsk error, but not because of their product.
    a few month later, more and more people reported the same problem to them and their finally fixed the bug. However, I was very upset since their attitude was not professional at all. At least, I was expecting an answer from them with some evidence showing either I was wrong or they had a bug in their product. what i got was only 2 lines in an email saying "our product was perfect and your computers were broken". I almost puked and trashed avira since then. No more avira anymore.

17. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

18. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Avira must have different prices for different areas in the world, it is already more than a year that the price on line where I live (Seoul) is really very competitive: US$ 15,99 for 1PC/1year -- $ 25,99 for 3PCs/1year -- $ 39,99 for 5PCs/1year, prices for Avira Premium.

I tend to think the best deal money wise should be the yardstick to choose an AV nowadays, although there are companies I wouldn't want their product for any price.

19. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yep, agree there.....

20. tgell

tgell Registered Member

21. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Free Av's are usually lacking something.

22. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I used to think AV is AV. But now I am starting to look at what else the Av can protect or do for the computer. A free AV is good for the short haul but for the long term you want a paid AV with Features and Support and Don't lesson to AV company's that tell you it is all your fault that your computer is acting up.

23. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Still think free AV is ok for the careful user. Though the support is a nice extra with paid products.

24. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

That price is absurd. I've never seen anything like it from Avira. I purchased AntiVir Premium when Newegg was running a 2 lic. for $19.99 deal, but from what I recall the regular price was still only like $30 (for 1 lic.), if that.

No way I would pay that. If you feel the need for an AV, I'd go with Panda Cloud Free. Very light. I hear MSE is light/stable on Vista/7, but it's junk on XP.

25. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I suggest you contact Avira's sales department and inform them of these issues. Also mention that you are a loyal customer and have been using the product for many years, etc.

Generally speaking, they will issue some kind of discount for requests from long standing or loyal customers after contact.

Of course, issues like this shouldn't happen in the first place.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.