Avira doesn't like me running as a restricted user?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Gullible Jones, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Due to various stories about last-minute detection of malware autoinstall attempts by AV resident protection, I decided to install Avira Personal Edition. So much for no resident AV... Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to like that I'm running as a limited user; the tray icon isn't showing up. Does this signify anything ugly (e.g. Antivir processes not running), or is just superficial? How can I make the tray icon appear?

2. Arup

Arup Guest

Don't worry about the tray icon, Avira runs fine on LUA and even with full DEP enabled.

3. drone

drone Registered Member

I''second that. Running fine on my LUA + default-deny SRP + full DEP XP SP3 configuration.
    Some trouble in the past with the tray icon but not in the last months.

4. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

I disabled the tray icon running at boot to save a few resources - no problems.

I used Eicar tester to see if AV scanner was still working. Avira should pop a warning message to let you know its scanning in the background.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.