Avira Blocking internet???

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by lab, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lab

lab Registered Member

Last week I could not connect to the internet for a couple of days, so I called charter, next day a man came out and said the problem was with there box down the street, next day no internet, I call them again, same guy comes out, he is not sure what going on, he calls 2 other guys out there, they say the modem is bad so they replace it, still on internet. they leave. 2 days later the send and rec. lights on my modem light up internet works for about 1 hr. then I have to restart my comp and it works again for 1 hr. Charter is saying my antivirus (avira free) is blocking the internet. Anyone heard of this going on?

Thanks
    sorry so long

2. Londonbeat

Londonbeat Registered Member

I've never heard of that happen with Antivir before, not with just the antivirus. The free AV by itself doesn't have an HTTP scanner so shouldn't affect the internet connection in any way.

Londonbeat

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I agree. In the year I have had it, never heard of this. But with all that said, it doesnt help you, so I would suggest visiting their support forums so Barrie can have a crack at it. Cheers.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.