avira antivir loading

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by TeflonShield, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeflonShield

TeflonShield Registered Member

when windows starts after the boot

avira antivir takes time until it fully open (with all the services started & protecton activeted)

the umbrella takes time untill it opened

i have only avira on the startup + ctfmon which is microsoft

i have clean system

i have pretty strong pc

amd phenom II 4x 955 CPU

2gbkingston

so it looks very starnge for avira to take that time to get fully active

2. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

Please don't worry.
    Avira's drivers load during the system boot, before your login.
    So you're protected.
    The umbrella icon has to do with the user interface which comes on after everything is in place.
    When that happens depends on how many other things get loaded up at startup after you login.

You can see the drivers in the System section if you run LoadOrder
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897416.aspx

3. TeflonShield

TeflonShield Registered Member

i know avira uses drivers

and what does the umbrella mean

but it is little bit slowly opend

and i had old pc that didnt have this problem

i do keep the stratup clean & service startup, from the unsccery stuff to start

4. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Hi there,

You should be a bit more specific about how long is your start up time with and without Avira. Avira will add more time to any computer, 15- 20 seconds should be within the norm, more than that, then something is slowing the process down.

If you have the Premium or the Suite, try to disable the ProActiv module (it is not really necessary at this stage, you can easily do it from the 'Uninstall Programs/ change') it will speed up your start up considerably.

Another possibility is that Avira has been installed with an early start, which makes the system secure from the moment you press the start button, but it will increase the start up time (in this case the delay is normal).

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

All I will say is that Avira has really shown they care about their consumers and product. Say what you want but to me, they are number 1, well Prevx is close, at satisfying their users. It may not be much, but for some of us it not only matters now, but for the future to.:thumb:

6. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

While it takes probably less than 10 seconds I have never been concerned.

Now if anyone knows AVs it is Trjam. :D

I might add that Avira Premium suite runs extremely well for me. With its high detection rates I may never use anything else.

Regards,
    Jerry

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I've heard the firewall is unnecessarily chatty. How do you find it?

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

this is the least chatty version yet. It popped up twice on install, once for my Brother Printer and once for OpenDNS ad that is all I have heard from it. This versions firewall also doesnt seem to slow stuff down like previous versions. Actually in the older ones, I got aggrivated with it and uninstalled it, but now no impact.

9. shadek

shadek Registered Member

trjam, you switched AV again? :D

10. trjam

trjam Registered Member

shhh, the day is young. But this one may visit a bit. It has always been my umero numero one.

11. Fly

Fly Registered Member

Avira (the suite anyway) uses bootup protection that will add some seconds to your startup routine. You can disable it if that's what you prefer.

12. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Avira Premium (AV) seems to load in parts, with the tray icon last. Some time I get that popup that says that "Avira is turned off/can't be found Click the red x". I know that Avira Premium's protection is loaded before all the rest of the programs. One thing that might affect that is the firewalls Network Security Policy/ Application Rules more specifically there order (it sure seems like it).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.