AVGSP 7.5 Installing clean driver failed

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Cel, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cel

Cel Registered Member

While looking for a help file I noticed the following in the "error logs" but I do not understand what it means. Is this important?

By the way the help feature in the program is not working.

Error: No process information available, Position: .\ProcessViewer.cpp, 722
    Error: Installing clean driver failed, Value: 00000005, Position: .\main.cpp, 322

2. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

Help files will be available soon. Are you running as administrator? The first error is only "informational", it is connected with the old problem that the process viewer wouldn't show any processes. If that happens now, it logs it and refreshes the list.

3. Cel

Cel Registered Member

I only run as administrator to check updates on my AntiTrojan program then once that has been checked I go to my limited user account.

Please forgive my ignorance but I am not sure what the process viewer is. Is that the window I see when doing a control, alt, delete action?

Thank you for your time in this matter
    Take Care
    Cel

4. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

No, I meant the process viewer of AVG Anti-Spyware, the one you can find under "Analysis". Ok, if you are running as limited user, the error message is ok, you can ignore it :)

5. Cel

Cel Registered Member

Peter: I am glad I asked about the process viewer I had not clicked on that feature before. Has great info. Now I have a better understanding about what you were referring to. Thanks for your time in this matter.

Take Care
    Cel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.