AVG user

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Bdiamond, Jul 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bdiamond

Bdiamond Registered Member

Hello,

I hope I am not intruding, but I was just wondering if you are an AVG user? I downloaded it recently, mostly out of curiosity, and have been pleasantly surprised with it.

Bdiamond

2. Gnostic

Gnostic Registered Member

I have been using AVG 6.0 Free for over a year on three computers and have been very happy with it. It has saved me from several virus-infected emails. It is easy to use, relatively fast and updated fairly regularly.

That said, as others will no doubt point out, the very best AV programs are the paid ones. NOD32, KAV, etc.
    BUT, if you cannot afford to pay for an AV or keep up with their yearly subscription fees, then I believe AVG is a good choice among free AVs. I recommend backing up AVG with F-prot Dos (also free). If you don't have DOS on your machine, you can also check out AVAST and/or Bit Defender 7 (both also free for home use). Don't use AVG and AVAST on the same machine as they don't seem to co-exist very well (personal experience).

As I said, others will probably be along to tell you more about the paid AVs. If you can afford it, try out one of their suggestions. BUT, if you cannot, then I firmly believe that AVG is a good choice.

Regards,
    Gnostic :cool:

3. FireDancer

FireDancer Registered Member

Hi,

I aggree with Gnostic I have been useing AVG 6.0 for about 6 months now and find it easy to use and effective
    it has saved me a few times. I did use Panda Platinum 7.0
    (paid for version) built in firewall and had nothing but problems with the fire wall and some viruses. AVG in my opinion for the price(FREE!!) is one of the better free AV out.
    and updates are pretty regular.

Best Regards,

FireDancer :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.