AVG upgrade/problems for nod32

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by yontev, Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yontev

yontev Registered Member

Hi,

I've been running AVG ant-spyware with Nod 32. I am very happy with both. I just received an e-mail from Grisoft that they have upgraded their anti-spyware software with anti-virus capabilities as well. The e-mail says that although my current license with AVG does not run out until July, I must upgrade to this new version by December 31...as my older version will no longer receive updates. I am torn. I love Nod32 and do not want to give it up (license on it runs out in July as well), but I am aware it is not advisable to run two anti-virus software programs on one computer. Any suggestions.

-N

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

You are correct in that it is not advisable to have more than one real time antivirus on your system at a time. If possible, can you set up AVG as an on-demand scanner without real-time protection? If not, you can remove AVG and add superantispyware (free) and/or malwarebytes (free) as on-demand scanners for additional protection.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.